Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : FLEXURAL BEHAVIOUR OF FIBRE REINFORCED CONCRETE WITH RECRON 3S
Volume 04 Issue 03 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 59-61
Abstract – Secondary reinforcement of the primary building material could bestow additional strength and durability to structure and make it almost time-proof. Concrete have very low tensile strength and little resistance against crack development Fibre Reinforced Concrete (FRC) could improve mechanical properties and controls crack development in concrete. An attempt has been made to improve the mechanical properties of concrete using fiber. Fiber used in this study was Recron 3S of CT 2024 type. Length of the fibre is 12mm.The mechanical properties of Recron 3S fibre at 0.1%, 0.25% & 0.5% of cement content used in concrete were studied. Compressive strength of cube (15cm x 15cm x 15cm), split tensile strength of cylinder (15cm diameter x 30cm height) and flexural test of prism (10cm x 10cm x 50cm) of concrete in various percentage of fibre were studied. The result was compared with the M25 control concrete. Compressive strength, split tensile strength and modulus of rupture of 0.25% of FRC was 40.2 MPa, 3.87 MPa and 5.15 MPa respectively. Compared to control concrete compressive strength, split tensile strength and modulus of rupture of 0.25% of FRC increases about 15.87%, 13.2% and 16.3% respectively
Keywords – Fiber, Strength Properties, Compressive Strength, Flexural Strength, Split Tensile Strength, Recron 3s Fiber
- B Singh, P Kumar and S K Kaushik. .High Performance Composites for the New Millennium. Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol 28, no 1, April-June 2001, pp 17-26.
- C.B.Kukreja and Sanjeev Chawla, “ Flexural Characteristics of Steel fibre reinforced concrete”, The Indian concrete Journal, Vol.63, No.3, 1989
- N Ganesan and K P Shivananda. Strength and Ductility of Latex Modified Steel Fibre Reinforced Concrete Flexural Members. Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol 27, no 2, July 2000, pp 111-116.
- V Ramakrishnan. .Materials and Properties of Fibre Reinforced Concrete.Proceedings of the International Symposium on Fibre Reinforced Concrete, Vol 1,December 16-19, 1987, Madras, pp 2.3-2.23
- IS: 456-2000, “Plain and reinforced concrete-code of practice” (fourth revision), Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi, India.
- IS: 10262-1982, “Recommended guidelines for concrete mix design”, Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi, India.
- IS: 383-1970, “Specifications for coarse and fine aggregate from natural source for concrete, (Second revision), Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi, India.
- IS: 2386-Part 3, “Methods of test for concrete aggregates for concrete Part 3 specific gravity, density, voids, absorption and bulking”.
- IS: 516:1959, “Method of test for strength of concrete”.
- IS: 5816:1999, “Method of test for splitting tensile strength of concrete”.
- IS: 8112:1989, “Specification for 43 grade ordinary Portland cement (first revision)”.