Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : A FUZZY NAIVE BAYES CLASSIFICATION USING CLASS SPECIFIC FEATURES FOR TEXT CATEGORIZATION
Volume 04 Issue 03 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 103-107
Abstract – With the rapid growth of information text categorization has become one of the important technique for organizing and handling text data. It is most needed to label the documents automatically with pre-defined set of topics. There are various techniques has been proposed for automatic text categorization. A Bayesian classifier was used for automatic text categorization where the specific features subset for each class was selected. Then the selected features are given as input to the Bayesian classifier for text categorization. This approach has some drawbacks like computationally costlier, consuming more time and assumes independence of features. In order to overcome these issues and to improve the accuracy of text categorization Fuzzy naïve bayes classifier is proposed. In this text categorization is performed by using class specific features in fuzzy naïve bayes classifier. The experimental results are conducted to prove the effectiveness of the proposed method in terms of accuracy, F-measure and G-Mean.
Keywords – Text Categorization, Bayesian Classifier, Fuzzy Naïve Bayes Classifier, Fuzzy Rule
- G. Eason, B. Noble, and I.N. Sneddon, “On certain integrals of Tang, B., & He, H. (2015). ENN: Extended nearest neighbor method for pattern recognition [research frontier]. IEEE Computational intelligence magazine, 10(3), 52-60.
- Williams, K. (2003). A framework for text categorization (Doctoral dissertation, The University of Sydney).
- Yu, W., &Linying, X. (2016, July). Research on Text Categorization of KNN Based on K-Means for Class Imbalanced Problem. In Instrumentation & Measurement, Computer, Communication and Control (IMCCC), 2016 Sixth International Conference on (pp. 579-583). IEEE.
- Yang, W., Fu, Y., & Zhang, D. (2016, July). An Improved Parallel Algorithm for Text Categorization. In Computer, Consumer and Control (IS3C), 2016 International Symposium on (pp. 451-454). IEEE.
- Tang, B., Kay, S., & He, H. (2016). Toward optimal feature selection in naive Bayes for text categorization. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 28(9), 2508-2521.
- Fukumoto, F., & Suzuki, Y. (2015, November). Temporal-based feature selection and transfer learning for text categorization. In Knowledge Discovery, Knowledge Engineering and Knowledge Management (IC3K), 2015 7th International Joint Conference on (Vol. 1, pp. 17-26). IEEE.
- Kumar, M. A., &Gopal, M. (2015, December). Least squares twin support vector machines for text categorization. In Systems Conference (NSC), 2015 39th National (pp. 1-5). IEEE.
- Fragoso, R. C., Pinheiro, R. H., &Cavalcanti, G. D. (2016, July). Class-dependent feature selection algorithm for text categorization. In Neural Networks (IJCNN), 2016 International Joint Conference on (pp. 3508-3515). IEEE.
- Pinheiro, R. H., Cavalcanti, G. D., &Ren, T. I. (2015, November). Text categorization based on dissimilarity representation and prototype selection. In Intelligent Systems (BRACIS), 2015 Brazilian Conference on (pp. 163-168). IEEE.
- Yasotha, R., & Charles, E. Y. A. (2015, December). Automated text document categorization. In Intelligent Computing and Information Systems (ICICIS), 2015 IEEE Seventh International Conference on (pp. 522-528). IEEE.