Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : DESIGN OF GENERATOR IN VAPOUR ABSORPTION REFRIGERATION SYSTEM
Volume 04 Issue 03 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 112-115
Abstract – A breadboard prototype of an absorption system for refrigeration using heat from the exhaust-gases is to be designed, built and tested. In the commercial vapour absorption refrigeration system a heating coil generator system has been employed to vaporize the ammonia refrigerant. In the present work, the heating coil generator system has been replaced by the frame plate type heat exchanger. The exhaust gases from the IC engine have been utilized to vaporize the ammonia refrigerant. The available heat in the exhaust gases has to be estimated based on actual I.C-Engine driving cycles. The frame plate type heat exchanger has to be modeled and flow analysis inside the heat exchanger has to be analyzed. In addition, the recoverable energy of the exhaust gases is to be analyzed for representative Internal Combustion Engine.
Keywords –Absorption System, Exhaust Gas, Internal Combustion Engine, Ammonia-Water
- Ajit Apte, “Notes on Ammonia Absorption Refrigeration Plants for Economical and Enviro-friendly Refrigeration”
- Arora.S.C., Domkundwar.S, (2000), “A Course in Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning”.
- Cornelissen.R.L, Hirs.G.G, (1999), “Thermodynamic optimisation of a heat exchanger”, journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.42, pp.951-959.
- Gu Yaxiu, Wu Yuyuan, Ke Xin, (2008), “Experimental research on new solar pump-free lithium bromide absorption refrigeration system with a second generator”, journal of Solar Energy, Vol.82, pp.33-42.
- He Yijian, Hong Ronghua & Chen Guangming, (2005), “Heat driven refrigeration cycle at low temperatures”, journal of science, Vol.50, pp.485-489.
- Jaime Sieres, Jose Fernandez-Seara, (2008), “Calculation procedure to determine average mass transfer coefficients in packed columns from experimental data for ammonia–water absorption refrigeration systems”, journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.44, pp.1229-1239.
- Kevin D. Rafferty, Geo-Heat P.E, Center Klamath Falls, “Notes on Absorption Refrigeration”, Chapter-13.
- Koehler.J, Tegethoff.W.J, Westphalen.D, Sonnekalb.M, (1997), “Absorption refrigeration system for mobile applications utilizing exhaust Gases”, journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.32, pp.333-340.
- Notes on “Vapour Absorption Refrigeration Systems Based On Ammonia-Water Pair”, Lession-17, IIT Kharagpur.
- Omer Kaynakli and Recep Yamankaradeniz, (2007), “Thermodynamic analysis of absorption refrigeration system based on entropy Generation”, Vol. 92, No. 4, pp.472-479.
- Plant Hudson.D.W, Gordon Brothers Industries Pty Ltd, (2002), “Ammonia Absorption Refrigeration”
- Rajput.R.K, (2004), “Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning”.
- Robert Finn, (2002), “Some Properties of Capillary Surfaces”, journal of Mathematics, Vol.70, pp.1-23.
- Tharves Mohideen.S and Renganarayanan.S, (2008), “Experimental studies on heat and mass transfer performance of a coiled tube absorber for R134a-DMAC based absorption Cooling system”, journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.45, pp.47-54.