Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : CFD ANALYSIS OF VTOL DELTA WING UAV
Volume 04 Issue 03 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 126-129
Abstract – In now a day many countries do some secret military projects. To Surveillance this UAVs are used. Unmanned Aerial vehicles (UAVs) are air crafts that fly without any humans being on-board computer. This kind of air crafts can be used in different military missions such as surveillance, reconnaissance, battle damage assessment, communication relay, mine sweeping, hazardous substances detection and radar jamming. The Purpose of our Project is to create the vertical take-off and landing DELTA wing aircraft as a UAV. Vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) aircraft are those that can hover, take off, and land vertically. The design of UAV will undergo the preliminary and conceptual phases of design and it is modelled by using CAD packages like CATIA V5, which is commercially available. Different fabrication techniques are involved during the fabrication of CAD model of UAV. The sizing and performance calculations estimated for the static model of the UAV. The CAD model will be exported for the investigation of flow characteristics using Computational Fluid Dynamics. In the CFD Navier-Stoke’s solver is used. For flow analysis we use ICEM CFD & CFX which are well known for the best results and simulation demonstrations.
Keywords – CAD Modelling, Design of UAV, Estimation of Performance, Surveillance, Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
- Shuichi TAJIMA, Takuya AKASAKA, Makoto KUMON and Kazuo OKABE, “Guidance Control of a Small Unmanned Aerial Vehicle with a Delta Wing”.
- Navabalachandran, Low Jun Horng, G.Leng, “Reverse Engineering and Aerodynamic Analysis of a Flying Wing UAV”
- A.Huang, C. Folk, C. Silva, B. Christensen, Y. Chen, and C.M. Ho , “Application of MEMS Devices to Delta Wing Aircraft” From Concept Development to Transonic Flight Test.
- Sepideh afshar, aghil yousefi-koma, hossein shahi, donya mohammadshahi, hesam maleki, “Design and Fabrication of a Delta Wing Micro Aerial Vehicle”.
- Adrian N. Phillips, Captain, USAF, “A Secure Group Communication Architecture for a swarm of autonomous unmanned aerial vehicle”.