Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : ANALYSIS OF ACETAL HOMO POLYMER COMPOSITES FOR WHEEL HUB OF ALL-TERRAIN VEHICLE
Volume 04 Issue 03 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 132-137
Abstract – The main objective of this particular thesis is based on the Finite element analysis of a wheel hub, which is an important and most loaded component in an automobile. Wheel hub need to carry different loads ranging from static weight of the vehicle, cornering force, wheel torque etc. For better working of a wheel hub it has to take all these loads without failure. Safety of a vehicle depends on wheel hub. A high quality wheel hub allows vehicle to carry heavy loads, function in extreme weather conditions, and run smoothly on rough roads. The thesis deals with linear static analysis of a wheel hub with different materials such as delrin, Carbon Reinforced Derlin, Glass Reinforced Derlin. This methodology is to predict the maximum stress areas and the maximum displacement in the part under consideration. The second objective is to predict the best material for this particular application by comparing the results after conducting linear static analysis.
Keywords – Wheel Hub, Acetal Homo Polymer, Glass Fiber, Carbon Fiber
- Andras Sudar, Christoph Burgstaller, Karoly Renner, Jahos Moczo, Bela Pukanszky, “Wood fiber reinforced multi component, multiphase PP composites: structure, properties, failure mechanism”, Journal of Composite Science and Technology, vol.no. 103, pp. 106-112, 2014
- Aziz Babapoor, Gholamreza Karimi, Mohammad Khorram, “Fabrication and characterization of nano fiber-nanoparticle-composites with phase change materials by electro spinning”, Manuscript for Applied Thermal Engineering, pp.1-28, 2016.
- Christoph Unterweger, Jiri Duchoslav, David Stifter, Christian Fürst, “Characterization of carbon fiber surfaces and their impact on the mechanical properties of short carbon fiber reinforced polypropylene composites”, Journal of Composite Science and Technology, vol.no.108, pp.41-47, 2015.
- K.Mao , P.Langlois, Z.Hu , K.Alharbi, X.Xu , M.Milson ,W.Li , C.J.Hooke , D.Chetwynd, “The wear and thermal mechanical contact behavior of machine cut polymer gears”, Journal of Wear, vol.vo.332-333, pp. 822-826, 2015.
- K.L. Edwards, “Strategic substitution of new materials for old: Applications in automotive product development”, Journal of Materials and Design, vol.no.25, pp. 529-533, 2004.
- Krzysztof Lewandowski*, Kazimierz Piszczek, Stanisław Zajchowski, Jacek Mirowski, “Rheological properties of wood polymer composites at high shear Rates” Composite of Polymer Testing, vol.no. , pp. 58-62, 2016
- Lei Yang, Ying Yan, Zhiguo Ran, Yujia Liu, “A new method for generating random fiber distributions for fiber reinforced composites”, Journal Composite Science and Technology, vol.no.76, pp.14-20, 2013.
- Navid Ranjbar, Sepehr Talebian, Mehdi Mehrali, Carsten Kuenzel, Hendrik Simon Cornelis Metselaar, Mohd Zamin Jumaat, “ Mechanisms of interfacial bond in steel and polypropylene fiber reinforced geopolymer composites”, Journal of Composites Science and Technology, vol.no. 122, pp.73-81, 2016.
- Nihad Dukhan, Nassif Rayess, James Hadley, “Characterization of aluminum foam–polypropylene interpenetrating phase composites: Flexural test results”, Journal of Mechanics of Materials, vol.no.42, pp.134-141, 2010.
- Pieter Samyn, Patrick De Baets, “Friction and wear of acetal: A matter of scale”, Journal of Wear, vol.no.259, pp.697-702, 2005.
- Shunjie Yin, Nassif Rayess, “Characterization of polymer-metal foam hybrids for use in vibration dampening and isolation”, Journal of Procedia Materials Science, vol.no. 4, pp. 311-316, 2014.
- S. Upendra Gupta, Sumit Chandak, Devashish Dixit, “Design and manufacturing off all-terrain vehicle (ATV) – selection, modification , static and dynamic analysis of ATV vehicle”, International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology, Vol.20, No.3, pp. 131 – 138, February 2015.
- U. Darshil Shah, David Porter, Fritz Vollrath, “Can silk become an effective reinforcing fiber? A property comparison with flax and glass reinforced composites”, Journal of Composite Science and Technology, vol.no. 101, pp.173-183, 2014
- V. Ramamurti, T.Sukumar, S.Mithun, N.Prabhakar, P.V. Hudson, “Design analysis of Hub, Rim and Drum in Brake Assembly”, Journal of Mechanical Engineering Research, vol. 3, no.1, pp.170-184, 2013.
- Ziyang Yuan, Nassif Rayess, Nihad Dukhan, “Modeling of the mechanical properties of a polymer-metal foam hybrid”, Journal of Procedia Material Science, vol.no.4, pp. 215-219, 2014.