Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : EFFECTIVE IDENTIFICATION OF BLACK MONEY, FAKE CURRENCY USING NFC, IOT AND ANDROID
Volume 04 Issue 03 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 141-145
Abstract – Counterfeiting money has become an enormous problem around the world. Traditional security features on currency notes are easy targets for counterfeiters, and they can easily imitate the original currency notes with fake ones. Conventional methods for validating currency require specialized devices for the authentication of currency notes. However, cost and lack of mobility of sophisticated currency note validation devices are big problems for general consumers. Modern digital solutions are attempting to complement the traditional security features through embedding NFC chips in the currency notes, by using this system automatically detect the original currency note or fake once. The NFC chip is embedded in the currency note and includes the value, serial number, and expired date that is used for validation. This system includes in three ways by using currency note, smart card and QR code. This possibility of using these devices to detect counterfeit money results in the extensive deployment of this technology among regular and non-specialist end-users. It will encourage the general public to check for counterfeit money. The presented validation technique satisfies the security requirements for currency note counterfeit detection.
Keywords – NFC Chip, Smart Card, QR Code, Counterfeit Money, Security Requirements
- Amol A. Shirsath1 and S. D. Bharkad, “Survey of currency recognition system using image processing” International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, 2013 pp 2321-7308.
- Kishan Chakraborty, Jordan Basumatary, Debasmita Dasgupta, “Recent Developments in Paper Currency Recognition System“ IJRET: International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology Volume: 02 Issue: 11 | Nov-2013.
- Sung-Wook, Im-Yeong “Transaction Authentication Scheme based on Enhanced Signature RTD for NFC Payment Service Environments“
- ECMA International: “ECMA-386_NFC-SEC-01 NFC-SEC Cryptography Standard using ECDH and AES“, Dec, 2008.
- Candelario Pinto,Erik Patron,Raciel Poot , “Design of a Prototye Serial-USB Converter“
- Rubeena Mirza, Vinti Nanda, “Paper Currency Verification System Based on Characteristic Extraction Using Image Processing”, International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology (IJEAT) ISSN: 2249 –8958, Vol-1, Issue-3, Feb 2012.
- D. Alekhya, G. Devi Surya Prabha and G. Venkata Durga Rao, ”Fake Currency Detection Using Image Processing and Other Standard Methods.” International Journal of Research in Computer and Communication Technology, Vol 3, Issue 1, January- 2014
- Jaswani and A. A. Yadav, ”Intelligent Note to Coin Exchanger with Fake Note Detection.” International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Technology Research Volume.04, Issue No.10, April-2015
- Muhammad Ali Mazidi, “Micro controller & Embedded Systems”, 2nd Ed. Pearson Edu., 2003, pp. 1-55.
- Muhammad Ali Mazidi, Rolin Mckinlay, Janice Gillispie “PIC Micro controller & Embedded Systems Using Assembly and C”, 2nd Ed. Pearson Edu., 2008, pp 55-99.