Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : AGRICULTURAL FIELD MONITORING AND CONTROL USING IOT
Volume 04 Issue 03 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 146-148
Abstract – This project explains about the field monitoring of agricultural and farming land using the techniques of IoT system, our project is to give cheap, reliable, cost efficient and easy to use technology which would help in conservation of resources such as water and also in automatizing farms. We proposed use of temperature and moisture sensor at suitable locations for monitoring of crops. The sensing system is based on a feedback control mechanism with a centralized control unit which regulates the flow of water on to the field in the real time based on the instantaneous temperature and moisture values. The sensor data would be collected in internet of things which would take further action.
Keywords – Arduino Uno, Temp Sensor, PIR sensor, IoT, Water Level Sensor
- C. Arun, K. Lakshmi Sudha “Agricultural Management using Wireless Sensor Networks – A Survey” 2012 2nd International Conference on Environment Science and Biotechnology IPCBEE vol.48 (2012) © (2012) IACSIT Press, Singapore
- Anurag D, Siuli Roy and Somprakash Bandyopadhyay, “Agro-Sense: Precision Agriculture using Sensor-based Wireless Mesh Networks”, ITU-T “Innovation in NGN”, Kaleidoscope Conference, Geneva 12-13 May 2008.
- R.Hussain, J.Sehgal, A.Gangwar, M.Riyag “ Control of irrigation automatically by using wireless sensor network” International journal of soft computing and engineering, vol.3, issue 1, march 2013, pp.48t 324-328
- Pepper Agro, “M-Drip Kit” Internet: www.pepperagro.i/mdripkitmanual.html
- Tanaka, K.; Suda, T.; Hirai, K.; Sako, K.; Fuakgawa, R.; Shimamura, M.; Togari, A, “Monitoring of soil moisture and groundwater levels using ultrasonic waves to predict slope failures,” Sensors, 2009 IEEE ,vol., no., pp.617,620, 25-28 Oct. 2009
- Eric D. Hunt., ET al.2008. “The development and evaluation of a soil moisture index.” Int. J. Climatol. Published online in Wiley Inter Science.