Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : SIMULATION OF A POWER ELECTRONIC TRANSFORMER FOR IMPROVING POWER QUALITY
Volume 04 Issue 03 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 149-153
Abstract – This paper exhibits a novel topology of power electronic transformer. In this design, the AC/DC, DC/AC, AC/AC converters and high frequency transformer have been utilized. One matrix converter works as AC/AC converter in power electronic transformer. The proposed control electronic transformer performs typical functions and advantages such as power factor correction, voltage sag and swell elimination voltage flickers reduction and protection capability in fault situations. Power quality change with proposed power control electronic transformer has been verified by the simulation results.
Keywords – Power quality, Voltage Sag and Swell, Power Electronic Transformer, AC/AC Converter
- A Noval Power Electronic Transformer For Power Quality Improvement by M. R. Banaei and E.Salary.M. Kang, P.N. Enjeti, I.J. Pitel, “Analysis and design of electronic transformers for electric power distribution system,” IEEE Trans. On Power Electronics, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 1133-1141, November 1999.
- S. Srinivasan, G. Venkataramanan, “Comparative evaluation of PWM AC-AC converters,” IEEE Power Electronic Specialist Conference, PESC, vol. 1, pp. 529-535, June 1995.
- H. Krishnaswami, V. Ramanarayanan, “Control of high frequency ac link electronic transformer,” IEE Electric Power Applications, vol. 152,no. 3, pp. 509- 516, May 2005.
- E.R. Ronan, S.D. Sudhoff, S.F. Glover, and D.L. Galloway, “A power electronic-based distribution transformer,” IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery., vol.17, pp. 537 – 543, April 2002.
- M. Sabahi, S. H. Hosseini, M. B. Bannae Sharifian, A. Yazdanpanah Goharrizi, G. B. Gharehpetian, “Three-Phase Dimmable Lighting System Using a Bidirectional Power Electronic Transformer,” IEEE Trans. Power Electronics, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 830-837, MARCH 2009.
- H. Iman-eini, Sh. Farhangi, “Analysis and design of power electronic transformer for medium voltage levels,” IEEE Power Electronic Specialist Conference, PESC, pp.1- 5, June 2006.
- H. Iman-Eini, JL. Schanen, Sh. Farhangi, J. Barbaroux, JP. Keradec, “A Power Electronic Based Transformer for Feeding Sensitive Loads,”IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference,. PESC 2008, pp. 2549 –2555, 2008 .
- D. Wang, C. Mao, J. Lu, S. Fan, F.Z. Peng, “Theory and application of distribution electronic power transformer,” Electric. Power Syst. Res,vol. 77, pp. 219–226, March 2007.
- D. Wang, C. Mao, J. Lu, “Coordinated control of EPT and generator excitation system for multi double-circuit transmission-lines system,” IEEE Trans. Power Deliver. vol. 23, no.1, pp. 371–379, 2008.
- H. Liu, C. Mao, J.M. Lu, D. Wang, “Optimal regulator-based control of electronic power transformer for distribution systems,” Electric. Power Syst. Res, vol. 79, pp. 863–870, 2009.
- M.R. Banaei, S.H. Hosseini, S. Khanmohamadi, G.B. Gharehpetian, “Verification of a new energy control strategy for dynamic voltage restorer by simulation,” Elsevier J. Simul. Model. Pract. Theory, pp.112–125, April 2006.
- M.H. Haque, “Compensation of Distribution System Voltage Sag by DVR and D-STATCOM,” PPT 2001.Conf. IEEE Porto Power Tech,Porto, Portuga, 2001.