Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : AN EFFECTIVE APPROACH FOR DIABETES MANAGEMENT THROUGH INTEGRATION OF PHP AND ICT USING METABO PLATFORM
Volume 04 Issue 03 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 173-175
Abstract –The aim of the project is to provide technological platform between patients and doctors to help them share the clinical information. This system can provide two type of approach: the first approach is patient and doctor interaction and the second approach is that searching of medicine details. The proposed system contains feedback model in that the patient can give their feedbacks to improve our system efficiency.
Keywords – Diabetes, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Personalized Healthcare Pathway (PHP)
- S.Adeyemi, Edemas, and T. Chaussalet, “Towards an evidence-based decision making healthcare system management: Modeling patient pathways to improve clinical outcomes,” Decision Support Syst., vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 117–125, 2013
- A. Honka, K. Kaipainen, H. Hietala, and N. Saranummi, “Rethinking health: ICT-enabled services to empower people to manage their health,” IEEE Rev. Biomed. Eng., vol. 4, pp. 119–39, Nov. 2011.
- A.Guill´en,J.Col´as,G.Fico,andS.Guill´en,“METABO:A new paradigm towards diabetes disease management. An innovative business model,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Eng. Med., Biol. Soc., 2011, pp. 3554–3557.
- American Diabetes Association. (2008). Standards of medical care in diabetes [Online]. Available: http://care.diabetesjournals.org.
- W.Brouwer,W.Kroeze,R.Crutzen,J.DeNooijer,N.K.DeVries,J. Brug, and A.Oenema,“Which intervention characteristics are related to more exposure to internet-delivered healthy lifestyle promotion interventions?A systematic review,”J.Med.Internet Res.,vol.13,2011.
- J. P. Fry and R. A. Neff, “Periodic prompts and reminders in health promotion and health behaviour interventions: Systematic review,” J. Med. Internet Res., vol. 11, 2009.
- B. Fjeldsoe, M. Neuhaus, E. Winkler, and E. Eakin, “Systematic review of maintenance of behaviour change following physical activity and dietary interventions,”Health Psychol.,vol.30,pp.99–109,2011.
- A. Guill´en, J. Colas, G. Fico, D.Ardig´o, and D. Fernandez, “Shift from physician-driven care to patient-managed self-monitoring and care for chronic diseases related to metabolic disorders,” in Proc. IEEE Eng. Med. Biol. Soc. Conf., 2010, pp. 6854–6857.
- S. G. Mougiakakou, C. S. Bartsocas, E. Bozas, N. Chaniotakis, D. Iliopoulou, I. Kouris, S. Pavlopoulos, A. Prountzou, M. Skevoﬁlakas, A. Tsoukalis, K. Varotsis, A. Vazeou, and K. Zarkogianni,“SMARTDIAB:A communication and information technology approach for the intelligent monitoring, management and follow-up of type 1diabetespatients,”IEEE Trans. Inf. Technol. Biomed., vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 622–633, May 2010.