Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : OPTIMUM PERCENTAGE OF WASTE TYRE IN CONCRETE MIX
Volume 04 Issue 03 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 176-179
Abstract –In this paper study in rubber tyre. Using scrap tyres as construction materials in civil engineering is of growing interest. Commercially produced tire chips and powder size 20and 4.0 mm are used for partial replacement of aggregates in concrete. A mix proportion of 1:1.5:3 with water-cement ratio of 0.40 was used in this study. The percentage of replace coarse aggregate with chipped rubber are 2.5%, 5%, 15% and fine aggregate replace with rubber powder constantly 5% by weight. The practice of these applications needs the optimum percentage of rubber aggregate which replace with natural aggregate in concrete mix. The aim of this study is to observe the optimum percentage of rubber aggregate which replace with natural aggregate in concrete, and found cost differences between them.
Keywords – Rubber Tyre, Percentage of Rubber Aggregate, Cost Analysis of Rubber Concrete
- Ahmad, S., Elahi, A., Barbhuiya, S. A., and Farid, Y. (2012). “Use of polymer modified mortar in controlling cracks in reinforced concrete beams.” Constr. Build. Mater. 27(1), 91–96.
- Batayneh M. K, Iqbal M., Ibrahim A. (2008). “Promoting the Use of Crumb Rubber Concrete in Developing Countries”. Waste Management 28, 2171 – 2176.
- Bravo, M., and de Brito, J. (2012). “Concrete made with used tire aggregates: Durability-related performance.” J. Cleaner Prod., 25(4), 42–50.
- D. Pedro1; J. de Brito2; and R. Veiga3 “Mortars Made with Fine Granulate from Shredded Tires” DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE) MT. 1943-5533.0000606.©2013 American Society of Civil Engineers.
- Falak O. Abas*, Enass A. Abdul Ghafoor, Mohammed U. Abass, Talib Kamil Abd “Re -Use of Waste Tires Rubber as Fine Aggregate Replacement In Concrete Mix Application” ISSN: 2277-9655 [Sharma, 4(1): January, 2015.
- Ganjian E., Khorami, M., and Maghsoudi, A.A., (2009). Scrap – tire – rubber replacement for aggregate and filler in concrete. Construction and Building Materials 23 (2009) 1828 – 1836.
- G. Nagesh Kumar1, V. Sandeep2, Ch. Sudharani3 “Using Tyres Wastes as Aggregate In Concrete To Form Rubcrete – Mix For Engineering Application “Volume: 03 Issue: 11 | Nov-2014, Available.
- IIsandAhn, m.1; lijuancheng, M.2; patrickJfox; M.ASC3 (2014). “Material properties of large size tire derived aggregate for civil engineering application” DOI10.1061/(ASCE)M.943-55330001225.
- Karma Hissey Lepcha, Arvind Kumar Agnihotri, Akash Priya darshee, Manish Yadav (2014). ”Application of Tire Chips In Reinforcement of Soil: A Review” Print 2349-879X; Volume 1, Number 5; August, 2014 pp. 51 – 53.
- Miss Mane Priyanka Arun ([email protected] ) , Mr. Petkar Deepak Ganesh “Laboratory Evaluation of Usage of Waste Tire Rubber in Bituminous Concrete” International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 3, Issue 9, September 2013 1 ISSN 2250-3153.
- Topcu, I. B. and Bilir, T. (2009). Experimental Investigation of some Freshand Hardened Properties of Rubberized Self – Compacting Concrete. Material and Design 30: 3056 – 3065.
- Valadares, F., Bravo, M., and de Brito, J. (2011). “Concrete with used tire rubber aggregates: Mechanical performance.” ACI Mater .J. 109(3).
- Yesilata, B., Bulut, H. (2010). “Experimental Study on Thermal Behavior of a Building Structure Using Rubberized Exterior – Walls.”Elseveir, Energy and Buildings, Vol. 43, Issues 2 -3, pages 393 – 399.
- Yesilata, B., IslKer, Y., Turgut, P. (2009). “Thermal Insulation Enhancement In Concretes By Adding Waste PET and Rubber Pieces” Elseveir, Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 23 No. (5), pages.1878–1882.