Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : SELF DEFENSE SYSTEM FOR WOMEN SAFETY USING SAFETY ELECTRIC GUN, LOCATION TRACKING AND SMS ALERTING
Volume 04 Issue 03 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 219-223
Abstract –All women across the world are facing many unsafe situations like molestation, sexual harassment, eve-teasing, kidnapping and rape. The survey results show that in India every year around 25,000 crime cases have been booked against women and it has been rapidly increasing every year. This creates a warning situation in which the women have to be self-protective. This paper describes a device known as Safety Electric Gun which can be used for various situations to protect themselves. In addition to this device, an APR circuit is used to record the conversation between the woman and the attacker. In unknown locations she can press the buzzer which will produce an alarming sound to indicate the unsafe situation she is facing. GPS and GSM technologies have been used for tracking the locations to send the emergency and distressed message to the preprogrammed contacts of people that are stored in the microcontroller.
Keywords – Microcontroller, GPS, GSM, Safety Gun, APR Circuit, Buzzer
- Poonam Bhilare1, Akshay Mohite2, Dhanashri Kamble3, Swapnil Makode4 and Rasika Kahane5, “Women Employee Security System using GPS and GSM Based Vehicle Tracking,” International Journal For Research In Emerging Science And Technology, Volume 2, Issue 1, January 2015, E-ISSN2349-7610.
- Niti shree, “A Review on IOT Based Smart GPS Device for Child and Women Safety Applications,” International Journal of Engineering Research and General Science Volume 4, Issue 3, May-June,2016 ISSN2091-2730.
- Premkumar.P1, CibiChakkaravarthi.R2, Keerthana.M3, Ravivarma.R4, Sharmila.T5, “ One Touch Alarm System For Women’s Safety Using GSM,” International Journal of Science, Technology and Management Volume No. 04, Special Issue No. 01, March 2015, ISSN(Online)2394-1537.
- Jijesh J.J1, Suraj.J2, Dileep Reddy Bolla3, Sridhar N K4, Dinesh Prasanna A5, “A Method For The Personal Safety In Real Scenario,” 2016 International Conference on Computational Systems and Information Systems for Sustainable Solutions.
- Dr. Sridhar Mandapati1, Sravya Pamidi2, Sriharitha Ambati3, “A Mobile Based Women Safety Application (I Safe Apps),” IOSR Journal of Computer Engineering (IOSR-JCE) e-ISSN2278-0661, p-ISSN2278-8727, Volume 17, Issue 1, Ver.I (Jan-Feb. 2015), PP 29-34.
- S. Shambhavi1, M. Nagaraj2, M.Z Kurian3, “Smart Electronic System for Women Safety,” International Journal of Innovative Research in Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation and Control Engineering (IJIREEICE) ISSN (Online) 2321-2004, ISSN (Print) 2321-5526, Vol.4, Issue 3, March 2016
- Shaik Mazhar Hussain1, Shaikh Azeemuddin Nizamuddin2, Rolito Asuncion3, Chandrashekar Ramaiah4, Ajay Vikram Singh5, “Prototype of an Intelligent System based on RFID and GPS Technologies for Women Safety,” 2016 5th International Conference on Reliability, Infocsom Technologies and Optimization(ICRITO) (Trends and Future Directions), Sep7-9,2016, AIIT, Amity University Uttar Pradesh, Noida, India.