Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF INTELLIGENT HELMET TO PREVENT ACCIDENTAL INJURIES
Volume 04 Issue 04 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 24-28
Abstract – This paper presents a new intelligent helmet that ensures that a rider cannot start the bike without wearing it.so the bike will start only with both the key and the helmet. The switching on and off of a led indicator will be used to demonstrate the working of the model. A smart helmet is a special idea which makes motor cycle driving safer than before. This is implemented using GSM and GPS technology. The working of the smart helmet is very simple, vibration sensors are placed in different places of helmet where the probability of hitting is more which are connected to microcontroller board. So when the rider crashes and the helmet hit the ground, these sensors sense and gives to the microcontroller board, then controller extract GPS data using the GPS module that is interfaced to it. When the data exceeds minimum stress limit them GSM module automatically send message to ambulance or family members.
Keywords— Helmet, IR Module, Alcohol Sensor, GPS, GSM, Vibration Sensor
- Embedded Systems Design by Arnold S. Berger, 2001.
- Serial Port Complete: COM Ports, USB Virtual COM Ports, and Ports for Embedded Systems (Complete Guides series) Paperback – December 1, 2007 -By Jan Axel son.
- Digital Communications by John G. Proakis.
- rfneulink- for realterm software.
- Advanced FPGA Design: Architecture, Implementation, and Optimization by Steve Kilts.
- Wireless Communications by Andreas F. Molisch