Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : MEDICINE SPOTTER FOR VISUALLY IMPAIRED
Volume 04 Issue 04 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 29-32
Abstract – In this paper proposes to use visual features matching in the identification of medicine strips for visually impaired people. It proffers an application in order to expedite easy and innate way to find the medicines and to take it according to the doctor’s prescription. We use RFID scanner to scan the relevant features of RFID tag which is sticked on the medicine strip. By scanning, the details of the medicine are extracted and it will be processed both in PIC micro controller and Lab VIEW is used for the use of internet of things (IOT)which will be used to observe the person by their doctor ,if there is need. The processed information is observed at the receiver side wirelessly. After detection, audio files are played to inform about dosage, indications and contraindications of the medicine to be taken. Here we can use this device without a PC where it is controlled by PIC itself. Lab VIEW software programmed in a PC is interfaced using Bluetooth module with that device used by a person. Making use of this system , we can help many visually impaired people to take the right medicine at the time prescribed by their doctor.
Keywords— RFID, Bluetooth, Embedded Systems, Lab VIEW, Visually Impaired People, Medicine Spotter Device
- Voice based application as medicine spotter for visually impaired .Dr, D.Jayashree, Afritha farhath. K, Amruthavarshini .R, Pavithra.S, 2016 second ICONSTEM.
- Portable Camera based assistive text and product label reading from Hand-Held objects for Blind Persons Chucai Yi, Student Member, IEEE, Yingli Tian, Senior Member, IEEE, and Aries Arditi, 2014
- A barcode scanner aid for visually impaired people. R.I. Damper, D. Garner, G. Jordan, A. Rahman and C. Saunders 18th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, Amsterdam 1996, 2.4.1: Aids for the Visually Impaired
- A new android application for blind and visually impaired people. Piotr kardys, Adam dabrowski, Marcin iwanowski, Damian huderek. IEEE and SPA 2016
- Text Extraction from Documents Images Using Edge Information. Sachin grover, Kusal arora, Suman K.Mithra
- I. Bruce, A. McKennell and E. Walker (1987) Blind and Partially-Sighted Adults in Britain: the RNIB Survey, Royal National Institute for the Blind, London.
- J. Brabyn, W. Gerrey, T. Fowle, W. Crandall, A. Alden, J. Williams And M. Winder1 (1994) “investigating use of the universal Product code by visually impaired shoppers and vendors”, Rehabilitation R&D Progress Reports, 30-31(1992-93), 335.
- L. Fowle (1995) User Evaluation of a Barcode Reader for Visually Impaired People: Results and Discussion, Royal National Institute for the Blind, London.
- C. Rundle (1995) RNIB Food Labeling Project: Initial Report, Royal National Institute for the Blind, London.
- D. Garner, G. Jordan, A. Rahman and C Saunders (1996) Barcode Scanner for the Blind, MEng Group Design Project, Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science, University of Southampton, UK.
- R.I. Damper (1990) “Speech aids for the handicapped”, in Advances In Speech, Hearing and Language Processing, Vol. 1,W.A. Ainsworth (ed.), JAl Press, London, pp. 297-331.
- A.K Jain and B.Yu , Automatic text location in images and video frames , pattern recognition, 31 (1998) 2055-2076
- J. Liang and D.Doermann, H.P. Li, “camera based analysis of text and documents : a survey ,”international journal on document analysis and recognition” (JDAR)(7),25, pp.84-104.