Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : STRATEGIES AND STAGES IN PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Volume 04 Issue 04 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 37-39
Abstract – Development of a product is an important way of businesses to stay ahead of the competition and continue to appeal to the changing needs of various customers. And, new product development can open up new channels of marketing, which helps to increase the shares of market. Modifying already existing products or developing products so they appear new, and offering those products to new markets is the definition of product development strategy. There are varieties of strategies and processes for the effective development of the product.
Keywords— Product Development, Strategies, Stages
- The principles of product development flow by Dr. Donald G. Reinertsen.
- Successful product development, www.forbes.com
- Simple steps for new product development, www.business2community.com
- A framework for successful new product development, Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management (JIEM), 2011.
- Article on next generation product – Strategy and business, published by booz & company.
- Cases on branding strategies and product development by Sarmishta Sharrma and Sukhvinder Singh.