Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF EFFLUENT TREATMENT PLANT OF SOAP INDUSTRY
Volume 04 Issue 04 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 40-43
Abstract – The present study has been undertaken to assess the performance of wastewater treatment plant for soap industry. Soap industry generates relatively large quantities of wastewater that may contain various potentially organic matters. Therefore, the proper management of industrial wastewater is essential. The quality and quantity of wastewater from this industry are studied and the suitable method for wastewater treatment system is considered. The wastewater and treated water from soap industry are collected for two times and analyzed at the laboratory of MITS, Gwalior. Physical, chemical and biological parameters of wastewater are measured. Then, the results are compared with Indian Standards, Environment Protection Act 1986 and BIS Standards. According to the experimental results, the concentrations of pH, suspended solids, BOD, COD are higher than acceptable level of Indian Standards. It is recommended to redesign of treatment plant or maintenance and addition of other factors influencing the treatment process.
Keywords— Soap Industrial Waste Water, evaluation, performance , Physico- chemical parameters, COD,DO,BOD
- Performance Evaluation of Central Wastewater Treatment Plant: a Case Study of Hetauda Industrial District, Nepal , Sushil Kumar Shah Teli Department of Cottage and Small Industries, Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Supplies, Tripureshwar, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Performance evaluation of Effluent Treatment Plant of Dairy Industry ,Pratiksinh Chavda*, Apurva Rana** *(Department of Environmental Engineering, College of Renewable Energy & Environmental Engineering, Sardarkrushinagar Dantiwada Agricultural University, Sardarkrushinagar-385506)
- STUDY OF PHYSICO-CHEMICAL PROPERTIES OF EFFLUENTS FROM SOAP INDUSTRY IN WARDHA P. V. Tekade*, N. P. Mohabansi and V.B. Patil Department of Chemistry, Jankidevi Bajaj College of science, Jamnalal Bajaj Marg, Civil lines, Wardha-442001-M.S. (India)
- S.K. Garg, Sewage Disposal and Air pollution Engineering
- Mannual of Waste Water Treatment
- PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF EXISTING WASTE WATER TREATMENT PLANT B.G.Mahendra 1, Prema 2 1Associate Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, 2M.Tech Scholar, Department of Environmental Engineering, PDA College Of Engineering, Gulbarga
- Treatment of Soap and Detergent Industry Wastes
- Constantine Yapijakis The Cooper Union, New York, New York, U.S.A.
- Performance Evaluation of Brewery Waste Water Treatment Plant
- Avinash Kumar Sharda*1, M.P. Sharma2, Sharwan Kumar3
- Design & Performance Evaluation of Wastewater Treatment Plant-D at Tirumala
- G.Chandrakant,P.Jaswanth,S.Teja reddy,G.Kiranmai
- Performance Evaluation of Effluent Treatment Plant of Textile Wet Processing Industry: A Case Study of Narol Textile Cluster, Ahmedabad, Gujarat Sumitkumar Patel1, Dr.Anita Rajor2, Dr Bharat P.Jain3, Payal Patel4 1.M.Tech, School Of Energy and Environment, Thapar University, Patiala, Punjab 2. Assistant Professor, School Of Energy and Environment, Thapar University, Patiala, Punjab 3. Member Secretary, Gujarat Cleaner Production Centre, Gandhinagar, Gujarat. 4. Msc (Environment Science), North Gujarat University, Patan, Gujarat
- Performance Evaluation of Effluent Treatment Plant for Textile Industry in Kolhapur of Maharashtra
- Desai P. A. and Kore V. S. Department of Environmental Science and Technology, Shivaji University, Kolhapur.
- Performance Evaluation of 137 MLD Sewage Treatment Plant at Kasna – U.P., INDIA Faheem Khan, Nitin Sharma, Avneet Kr. Singh, Shobha Ram
- Proposal of Wastewater Treatment Process and Design for Soap Industry SU SUNDY MAUNG1, TIN TIN HTWE2 1Dept of Civil Engineering, Mandalay Technological University, Mandalay, Myanmar.
- Performance Evaluation of 25MLD Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) at Kalyan
- Prachi N. Wakode, Sameer U. Sayyad 1Post Graduate Student of Civil and Environmental Engineering Dept., Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai