Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : AUTOMATION DESIGN OF UNMANNED AGRICULTURE REAL TIME SYSTEM USING PLC
Volume 04 Issue 04 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 54-60
Abstract – The production in agriculture is not sufficient in today’s world. So we need to increase the production to equalize the needs. But due to the development in various fields, the human source for working and maintaining the cultivation land with proper consistency is insufficient. When it comes to Indian Agriculture System, the climatic environment is isotropic and there is a lack in the usage of agriculture assets. The irrigation system which is controlled manually is not in efficient manner. There are several problems such as additional water consumption, bad quality of fertilizer preparation, Additional or insufficient fertilizer consumption. Automatic agricultural system with automated irrigation system having universal nozzle for spraying water, fertilizer, pesticides based on the need is implemented. The field is monitored by having soil moisture sensor, humidity sensor and temperature sensor. The sensing units are placed in various locations for observation. The growth of the plant is monitored using IR sensors. This module consists of Programmable Logic Controller(PLC) for its overall automation. Sensors are connected to the controller and the output is given to the solenoid valve. A pumping motor is implemented for irrigation depending upon the requirement the values are opened by using an electrical valve named Solenoid valve (a logic function of ON and OFF as output). As soon as required level of water is irrigated the sensing element senses and stops the pump preventing from excess irrigation. This PLC automation is more efficient in automatic water drip Irrigation system, pesticide and fertilizer spraying with float level switch.
Keywords— Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), Solenoid valve, Water pump level, Soil moisture sensor, temperature sensor, humidity sensor
- Niteen naik, Rohit Shinde, Ganesh patil and Navnath margale 2016. Agriculture Automation using PLC.
- Timo Blender, Thiemo Buchner, Benjamin Fernandez, Benno Pichlmaier and Christian Schlegel 2016. Managing a Mobile Agriculture Robot Swarm for a Seeding Task.
- Paolo Tripicchio and Massimo Satler 2015. Towards Smart Farming and Sustainable Agriculture with Drones.
- A. Amirta Sneha, E.Abirami, A.Ankita, Mrs.R.Praveena, Mrs.R.Srimeena 2015. Agriculture Robot for Automatic Ploughing and Seeding.
- Mr.Nagaraj M.E., D.Balaji, S.karthick, S.Ramanathan, T.Thavalingam 2015. Automatic Motor Manager for Agriculture Pump using PLC.