Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : STABILIZATION OF SILT SOIL BY VARIOUS ADMIXTURES
Volume 04 Issue 04 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 61-65
Abstract – Silt is a solid, dust like sediment that water and wind transport and deposit. They are usually made up of rock and mineral particles, which are larger than clay but smaller than sand. Silt is found in soil along with other types of sediments. Silt soil is usually more fertile than other types of soil, they are found in abundant. Silt soil are slippery when wet and they are not stable therefore construction any form of building under such soil could result in improper settlement of structure therefore there are various stabilization agents that are used to stabilize the soil and improve the load bearing capacity of the soil. The stabilizing agents that we have used to improve the property of silt soil are Polypropylene fibre, Rice husk ash, Lime, Copper slag and Sodium silicate. In this paper, we have studied that effect of stabilized soil and change its mechanical properties. This paper describes the study carried out with an aim to enhance the bearing capacity of silt soil by mixing it up with various admixtures under various proportions and combinations. In this study various geotechnical properties such as liquid limits, plastic limits, unconfined compressive strength, direct shear and CBR for soaked and un-soaked soil is computed.
Keywords— Copper Slag, Polypropylene Fibre, Lime, Sodium Silicate, Rice husk ash, OMC
- Abd EI-Aziz, M., and Abo- Hashema, M.A.(2012) “Measured effects on engineering
- properties of clayey subgrade using lime-homra stabiliser, ”International Journal of Pavement Engineering, DOI: 10.1080/10298436.2012.655739.
- Baser, O.(2009) “Stabilization of expansive soils using waste marble dust, ” Master of Science thesis submitted to Civil Engineering Department, Middle East, Technical University.
- Ankit Singh Negi., Mohammed Faizan , Devashish Pandey Siddharth , Rehanjot singh. “Soil stabilization using lime”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science Engineering and Technology (IJIRSET), Vol. 2, Issue 2, pp. 448-453, 2013.
- Garima Kishore1.,V Pandey. J.P Singh.”Enhancing the Engineering Properties of Soil Stabilized With Lime and Rice Husk Ash”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science Engineering and Technology (IJIRSET), Vol. 4, Issue 6, pp. 4857-4864, 2015.
- Kevin, M: “Micro Characteristics of Chemical Stabilized Granular Materials”. Journal of GT, Proceedings of ASCE, Vol. 104, No. GT7, 1978.
- Wayal A.S., Ameta N. K., Purohit D.G. M., “Dune sand stabilization using bentonite and lime”, JERS, Volume III, Issue I, Jan-March 2012, pp 58-60.Ameta N.K. and Abhay Shivaji Wayal : “Effect of Bentonite on Permeability of Dune Sand”. E.J.G.E., Vol. 13 – Bundle A, 2008