Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : EXPERIMENTAL INVESTIGATION ON STRENGTHENING OF SOIL USING GEO-SYNTHETICS
Volume 04 Issue 04 2017
ISSN no : 2348-3121
Page no: 77-78
Abstract – Soil stabilization aims at increasing or maintaining the stability of soil mass and chemical alteration of soils to enhance their Engineering Properties of either subsoil layers before laying any structure on it. This journal deals with the comparative study of soil stabilization. Unsuitable sub grade soil requires stabilization to improve its properties .Generally soil possess a low tensile strength. One of the approaches is the use of polymeric materials. This paper deals with the effects of using the new generation of reinforcement ,grid anchor for the purpose of reducing the permanent settlement of these foundations under the influence of proportion of the ultimate load.reinforcement of soil to improve the weak soil using a polymeric geo-synthetic material. To reduce the foundation settlement ,bearing capacity of soil increased. This can also be implemented to many such a weak places as roads, railway ballast, airways, slopes, tunnels etc. This project is planned to determine the properties of specific gravity, sieve analysis, proctor compaction test, Unconfined compressive strength,shear test and CBR test. From the test results indicate that the soil reinforced by geo-synthetics is very much effective to increase the load bearing capacity of soft soil.
Keywords— Geo-synthetics, Geo-membrane sheet, Unconfined Compressive Strength, California Bearing Ratio, Bearing capacity
- Pardeep Sing and K.S.Gill(2012) ―CBR improvement of clay soil with geo-grid reinforcement.
- AmalenduGhosh, Ambarish Ghosh(2003)―Bearing capacity of square footing on pond ash reinforced with jute geo-textile
- D. S. Murthy and A. P. Shelke(2007) ―baring capacity of soft soil using geo-grid
- P. E. Stephen Archer, “Subgrade Improvement for Paved and Unpaved Surfaces Using Geo-grids,” Contech Construction Products Inc., 2008.
- R. G. Carroll, J. C. Wall, and R. Hass, “Granular Base Reinforcement of Flexible Pavements Using Geo-grids,” In Geo-synthetics 987: Conference Proceedings, New Orleans, February 24–25, 1987
- Maheswari V. performance of fiber reinforced clayey soil. EJGE 2011; 16: 1067-87
- Barksdale, R.D Brown S.F and Chan .F (1989) “Potential benefits of geo-synthetics in flexible pavement system,; National cooperative highway research project no:315, transportation research board , National research council, Washington, D.C.