Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : EFFECT OF MINERAL ADMIXTURES ON COMPRESSIVE STRENGTH OF CONCRETE
Volume 04 Issue 04 2017
ISSN no : 2348-3121
Page no: 86-88
Abstract – In this study influence of partial replacements of Ordinary Portland cement by and Rice Husk Ash (RHA) were investigated and the effects on mechanical and durability properties were determined. Namely two types of pozzolans were 2 opted for this study which is Rice Husk Ash. The procedure of test and results of mechanical and durability properties were reviewed from engineering properties of blended concrete with Colombian rice husk ash .The results inferred showed enhanced performance up to 60MPa at 28 days with acceptable workability.
Key Words – Rice husk ash, high strength concrete, pozzolanic activity
- D. G Nair., K..S. Jagadish, A. Fraaij (2006). “Reactive pozzolanas from rice husk ash: An alternative to cement for rural housing.” Cement and Concrete Research, (36), 1062-1071
- G Giaccio,., G.R Sensale,., and R Zerbino,; (2007), Failure mechanism of normal and high strength concrete with rice husk ash, Cement and concrete composites, 29, 566-574
- G.A Habeeb,., and M.M Fayyadh,; (2009), Rice Husk Ash Concrete: the Effect of RHA Average Particle Size on Mechanical Properties and Drying Shrinkage, Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 3(3), 1616-1622
- Toumi B. , Resheidat M. , Guemmadi Z. , Chabil H.(2009),“ Coupled Effect of High Temperature and Heating Time on the Residual Strength of Normal and High-Strength Concretes”, Jordan Journal of Civil Engineering,Vol. 3, No. 4, pp 322-330.
- V. Bhikshma, , K. Nitturkar., and Y Venkatesam;(2009), Investigations on mechanical properties of high strength silica fume concrete, Asian journal of civil engineering (building and housing), Vol. 10, no.3 , 335-346
- V Sata. C. Jaturapitakkul, and K Kiattikomol,; (2007), Influence of pozzolans from various by-product materials on mechanical properties of high-strength concrete, Construction and Building Materials, 21, 1589–1598.
- Ravindrarajah R S., Lopez R. R. (2002),“ Effect of Elevated Temperature on the Properties of High- Strength Concrete containing Cement Supplementary Materials”,9th International Conference on Durability of Building Materials and Components, Brisbane.