Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : RISE HUSK ASH- POZZOLONIC MATERIAL FOR CEMENT IN HIGH STRENGTH CONCRETE
Volume 04 Issue 04 2017
ISSN no : 2348-3121
Page no: 99-101
Abstract – In recent years, the usage of Rice husk ash (RHA) a pozzolonic material for the preparation of cement concrete had become more important than any other material. The manufacture of Portland cement (PC) is not eco friendly; the content of pozzolonic material in cement mortar exhibits a considerable increase in strength and durability properties. This paper gives a review about the use of RHA and MK as not only a partial replacement for cement but also a replacement for the influence of toxic waste. The collection of literature survey report elaborated that the usage of RHA is an efficacious mineral admixtures, which cause a large betterment in the filling of pore structures. In addition to this it increases the resistance of the concrete to environmental effects, and gives better solutions for the abundant waste of RHA produced from Agricultural product in India.
Key Words – Rice Husk Ash Properties, Workability, Compressive strength, Durability
- Ambroise, J., Martin, Call S., Peraj, Pozzolanic behaviour of normally activated kaolin. In: Malhotra, V.M., edited proceedings of the 4th international conference on fly ash, Slag and natural pozzolanas in concrete Vol-1, Turkey 1992, P. 731-741.
- Anwar M.J., Miyagewa T.J., & Gasser, M., 2001. Using Rice husk ash as a cement replacement material in concrete. In the proceedings of the 2001 first international ecological building structure conference. pp. 671-684.
- AI-Akhras, N.M., “ Durability of Metakaolin concrete to sulphate attack”, cement and concrete research, vol.36, 2006, pp.1727-1734.
- Asbridge A.H., Page C.L., Page M.M., Effects of metakaolin, water/binder ration and interfacial transition zones on the micro hardness of cement mortars, cement & concrete, Res 2002, 32 : 1365-1369.
- Beulah, M., Prahallda, M., Effect of Replacement of cement by Metakaolin on the properties of high performance concrete subjected to Magnesium sulphate attack. International Journal of IT, Engineering and Applied science research (UIEASR) vol. 2, No. 2, February 2013, ISSN: 2319 – 4413.
- Bonakdar, A., Bakhsi, M., and Ghalibafian, M., ‘’Properties of high performance concrete containing high reactivity Metakaolin, ‘’ACI special publication, vol. 228, 2005 pp. 287 – 296.
- Caldarone, M.A., Grubber, K.A., Burg, R.G., High reactivity Metakaolin a new generation mineral admixture concrete 4th November 1994- : 37-40.
- CAO, H.T, BUCEA, L., RAY, A., AND YOZGHATLIAN, S., 1997. THE EFFECT OF CEMENT COMPOSITION AND PH OF ENVIRONMENT ON SULFATE RESISTANCE OF PORTLAND CEMENTS AND BLENDED CEMENTS, CEMENT CONCRETE COMPOSITES. 19(2): 161-171.