Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT AT KARAMADAI REGION
Volume 04 Issue 04 2017
ISSN no : 2348-3121
Page no: 116-117
Abstract – Tamil Nadu is one among the most urbanized states in India with 43.86% of state population living in urban areas. The rate of urbanization in the state has doubled about 48.45%. The state is therefore, facing the challenge of providing essential features to under control the hazardous waste management. In Tamil Nadu, Coimbatore district is well known for agricultural, business and industrial sectors. As a result heavy solid waste is generated and accumulated every year. In Karamadai area because of solid waste ground waste is affected up to 4Kms within the surroundings, The soil stability gets decreases. In order to reduce harms causing due to solid waste in this area , a project has been done. solid waste generated and collected per day is 50 to 80 tonnes. Solid waste consists of both bio degradable and non-bio degradable. Bio degradable solid waste are collected by door-to-door, primary, secondary
Key Words – recycling of Bio degradable, Non-bio degradable, adopting new techniques
- Imam,A, et al;2007; solid waste management in Abuja, Nigeria, waste management, doi:10.1016/j. wasmman.2007.01.006.
- Bartone, carle R.(1997). Strategies for improving urban waste management: Lessons from a Decade of world bank Lending. Haz waste world/super fund XVII conference, Washington, D.C.
- Cook, D.B. et al; 1997;Indian Appraisal of the second Calcutta urban Development project; Report No. 1662a-IN;World bank, Washington DC.
- Dias,Sonia Maria;2006;Waste and Citizenship Forums-achievement and limitation, presented as per 11 at the CWG-WASH international workshop:”solid waste, health hand the millennium development goals”, Kolkata, India; February 2006.
- In solid waste management of developing countries typical problems areas can be identified(Richardson,2003,Oram et al.,2006,Oman and Gavrilescu,2008).
- Flint off,frank;1976;Management of solid wastes in developing countries; World Health Organization, South –East Asia Series No.1,New Delhi.