Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : INFLUENCE OF TEXTILE EFFLUENT AND DYE EFFLUENT ON STRENGTH OF A CLAYEY SOIL
Volume 04 Issue 04 2017
ISSN no : 2348-3121
Page no: 183-186
Abstract – Industrial activity is necessary for socio-economic progress of a country but at the same time it generates large amount of solid and liquid wastes. Effluents generated from industrial activities are disposed open in environment and they cause change in soil properties. The soil used in this investigation is classified as “CI” as per I.S. Classification system. The proctor’s compaction tests and unconfined compression tests are conducted on the soil treated with textile effluent and dye effluent at different percentages from 20 to 100% in increment of 20% w.r.t water. Effects of strength on treated and untreated soil determined on curing periods of 7, 14 and 28 days.
Key Words – Clayey soil, Textile effluent, Dye effluent, Compaction, Unconfined Compressive Strength
- A. V. Narasimha Rao, M. Chittaranjan “Influence of soil-industrial effluents interaction on subgrade strength of an expansive soil-a comparative study”,International Journal of Advances in Engineering & Technology, Nov. 2012.
- Dr. R. Kumutha, Dr. K. Vijai, S.Naga Priya, R.Rajapriya, P.Sindhusri, “Effect of Textile Effluent on Geotechnical Propertiesof Expansive Soil for Flexible Pavements”, World Journal of Research and Review (WJRR) ISSN:2455-3956, Volume-3, Issue-2, August 2016
- Dr .A. V. Narasimha Rao, P. Ramesh, N. Krishna Murthy “Efficacy of sodium carbonate and calcium carbonate in stabilizing a black cotton soil”, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering (ISSN 2250-2459, Volume 2, Issue 10, October 2012)
- Isaac I. Akinwumi, Uriel R. Maiyaki, Samuel A. Adubi, Samuel O. Daramola, Bobby B. Ekanem “Effects Of Waste Engine Oil Contamination On The Plasticity, Strength And Permeability Of Lateritic Clay”, International journal of scientific & technology research volume 3, issue 9, september 2014
- R. Shivaraju, B.V. Ravishankar, H.S.Nanda “Engineering properties of soil contaminated with dyeing effluent”, Proceedings of Indian Geotechnical Conference December 15-17, 2011, Kochi (Paper No. L-182)
- Hamid Reza Khatami and Brendan C. O’Kelly, Ph.D., “Improving Mechanical Properties of Sand Using Biopolymers”, Journal of Geotech. Geoenviron. Engineering volume 139: pp. 1402 -1406. August 2013 ASCE
- Nagakarthigan K., Saravanane R., Murugaiyan V. and Sundararaman T. “Studies on the Influence of Pharmaceutical And Surfactant Waste waters On The Physicochemical and Geotechnical Characteristics of Fine Grained Soils”. International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering (2010).