Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : ANALYSIS OF REINFORCEMENT ANCHORAGE ZONE BEHAVIOR OF PRE STRESSED CONCRETE ELEMENTS UNDER STATIC AND CYCLIC LOADS
Volume 04 Issue 04 2017
ISSN no : 2348-3121
Page no: 205-209
Abstract – The article briefly discusses about the bond characteristics of different pretensioning reinforcement and some problems of reinforcement anchorage zone. In the present study bond characteristics of three-wire strand under static and cyclic load are investigated. The research revealed that bond stress-slip characteristics of three-wire strand are different from those proposed in Model Code for deformed and plain bars. The bond strength of three-wire strand is not negatively influenced by cyclic load at lower bond stress levels up to 0,7τstat.max.
- T. Skuturna, J. Valivonis, Experimental study on the effect of anchorage systems on RC beams strengthened using FRP, Composites Part B: Engineering 91 (2016) 283-290. doi:10.1016/j.compositesb.2016.02.001
- G. Marčiukaitis, J. Valivonis, B. Jonaitis, J. Kleiza, R. Šalna. Determination of stiffness of the connection s of composite steel and concrete bridge deck by the limit permissible deflections, The Baltic Journal of Road and Bridge Engineering 8(1) (2013) 1-9.
- T. Skuturna, J. Valivonis, The statistical evaluation of design methods of the load-carrying capacity of flexural reinforced concrete elements strengthened with FRP, Archives of Civil and Mechanical Engineering 15(1) (2015) 214-222. doi:10.1016/j.acme.2014.04.005
- A. Ghorbani, H. Hasanzadehshooiili, A. Šapalas, A. Lakirouhani, Buckling of the steel lines of underground road structures: the sensitivity analysis of geometrical parameters, The Baltic Journal of Road and Bridge Engineering 8(4) (2013) 250-254. doi:10.3846/bjrbe.2013.32
- H. Hasanzadehshooiili, A. Lakirouhani, A. Šapalas, Neural network prediction of buckling load of steel arch-shells, Archives of Civil and Mechanical Engineering. 12(4) (2012) 477-484. doi:10.1016/j.acme.2012.07.005
- T. Skuturna, J. Valivonis, Evaluation of calculation methods used for estimating the ultimate moment resistance of bridge decks reinforced with FRP bars, The Baltic Journal of Road and Bridge Engineering 11(1) (2016) 22-34. doi: 10.3846/bjrbe.2016.03
- M. Atutis, J. Valivonis, E. Atutis, Analysis of serviceability limit state of GFRP prestressed concrete beams, Composite Structures 134 (2015) 450-459. doi:10.1016/j.compstruct.2015.08.062
- Y. Guyon, Prestressed concrete: theoretical and experimental research, Moscow, 1959 702 p.(translation form French to Russian)
- W. Derkawski B. Slys, M. Szmit, Effect of strands anchorage system in PC railway sleepers on behavior of its rail seat zone – experimental research, 8th International conference AMCM 2014, Wroclaw, Poland, (2014) pp. 101-108.
- G. Gustavson, Experimental studies of the bond response of three-wire strands and some influencing parameters. Materials and Structures, 37, March, (2004) pp. 96-106.
- M.M. Cholmianskij, Concrete and reinforced concrete: deformation and strength, Moscow: Stroyizdat, 1997 569 p. (In Russian).
- M.F. Stocker, M.A. Sozen, Investigation of Prestressed Reinforced Concrete for Highway Bridges, Part V: Bond Characteristics of Prestressing Strand. Bulletin 503, University of Illinois, USA, 1970 119 p.
- V. Ciampi, R. Eligehausen, V.V. Bertero ir E.P Popov, Analytical model for deformed bar bond under generalized excitations, Trans. IABSE Colloquium on advanced mechanics of reinforced concrete, delft, netherlands, 1981.
- R. Eligehausen, E.P. Popov, V.V. Bertero, Local bond stress-slip relationships of deformed bars under generalized excitations, Report No. UCB/EERC 83-19, University of California, Berkeley (Ca, USA).
- CEB-FIP (Comite Euro International du Beton, Federation International de la Precontraint). 2012. Fib Bulletin 65: Model Code 2010, First complete draft – Volume 1. Lausanne: International Federation for Structural Concrete (fib).
- Z. Huang, B. Engstrom, J. Magnusson. Experimental investigation of the bond and anchorage bahaviour of deformed bars in high strength concrete. Chalmers University of Technology, Division of Concrete Structures, Report 95:4, Goteborg (1996), pp. 32.
- C.N. Dang, C.D. Murray, R.W. Floyd, W.M. Hale, J.R. Marti-Vargas, Analysis of bond stress distribution for prestressing strand by standard test for strand bond, Engineering Structures 72 (2014) 152-159. doi:10.1016/j.engstruct.2014.04.040
- G. Rehm, R. Eligehausen, Bond of ribbed bars under high cycle repeated loads, ACI Journal 76(2) (1979) 297-309.
- G.L. Balazs, Fatigue of bond, ACI Materials Journal, 88(6) (1991) 620-629.
- B.H. Oh, S.H. Kim, Realistic models for local bond stress-slip of reinforced concrete under repeated loading. Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 133(2) (2007) 216-224.
- G.L. Balazs, R. Koch, Influence of load history on bond behavior, Proceedings of the Bond in Concrete Conference Riga, (1992) 7-1 – 7-10.
- R. Koch, G.L. Balazs, Influence of cyclic loading on bond strength and related slip, Proceedings of the Bond in Concrete Conference Riga, (1992) 7-11 – 7-20.
- H. Sousa, B.J.A. Costa, A.A. Henriques, J. Bento, J.A. Figueiras, Assesment of traffic load events and structural effects on road bridges based on strain measurements, Journal of Civil Engineering and Management. 22(4) (2016) 457-469. doi:10.3846/13923730.2014.897991
- A. Jokūbaitis, J. Valivonis, G. Marčiukaitis, Influence of technological and environmental factors on the behaviour of the reinforcement anchorage zone of prestressed concrete sleepers, Construction and Building Materials 121 (2016) 507-518.
- A. Jokūbaitis, J. Valivonis, G. Marčiukaitis, Analysis of strain state and cracking of concrete sleepers, Journal of Civil Engineering and Management 22 (4) (2016) 564-572. doi:10.3846/13923730.2016.1147494