Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : AN EXPERIMENTAL INVESTIGATION ON MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF FLY ASH AGGREGATE CONCRETE
Volume 04 Issue 04 2017
ISSN no : 2348-3121
Page no: 210-213
Abstract – In the investigation, fly ash aggregates will be used in concrete and its effect on strength of concrete will be studied. The fly ash is collected in Mettur Thermal Power Plant. Then the cement and fly ash proportions of 12.5:87.5, 15:85 and 17.5:82.5 will be adopted to get fly ash aggregates. The particle size distribution, specific gravity, bulk density, impact test on aggregate will be conducted. The M20 grade of concrete will be considered. The fresh concrete tests Slump test and Compacting factor test will be conducted. For the plain concrete and fly ash aggregate concrete of beams (Plain concrete and RCC beams), cubes and cylinders will be cast. All the specimens will be cured in a curing tank. The conventional and fly ash aggregate concrete specimens will be tested for 7 days, 14 days, 28 days, 50 days and 90 days strength. The compressive strength, split tensile strength and flexural strength will be conducted on the concrete specimens. The result will be tabulated and compared by drawing bar charts. Based on the result obtained, conclusions and suggestions will be made.
Key Words – fly ash coarse aggregates (FACA), fly ash coarse aggregates (FAFA), fly ash pellets, compressive strength, split tensile strength, flexural strength, fly ash concrete, control concrete (cc)
- Gao li-xiong, Yao Yan, and Wang Ling “Research on sintered fly ash aggregate of High strength and low absorption of water” China Building material Academy, Beijing, 100024
- Priyadhrshini.P, Mohan Ganesh.G, Santhi.A.S, “Experimental study on Cold Bonded Fly Ash Aggregates” Cement and Concrete Research 35(2005), PP 2116-2136
- AnuragMisra,RohitRamteke and MadanLalBairwa “Study on Strength and Sorptivity characteristics of Fly Ash Concrete” VOL.1, PP 48.
- Dr. JP Behra, Dr. BD Nayak, HS Ray, Dr. B sarangi, Light weight concrete with sintered fly ash aggregate “A Study on partial replacement to normal granite aggregate” VOL.5, PP 64.
- Dip1.-Ing. Thorsten Faust1, Prof.Dr,-Ing.E.h. Gert Konig2 University of Leipzig, “High strength light weight- aggregate concrete”, 2nd Int. Ph,D symposium in Civil Engineering 1998 budhapest.
- T SeshadriSekhar, S.G.I.ET, Markapur, Andhra Pradesh, India “Effect of fine aggregate replacement with fly ash on the mechanical properties of concrete”
- A Study of Fine Aggregate Replacement with Fly Ash an Environmental Friendly and Economical Solution. Pofale AD Deo SV. Department, Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology,Nagpur, Maharashtra – 440 010. India.
- Effect of Bottom Ash as Replacement of Fine Aggregate in Concrete P.Aggarwal, Y. Aggrawal, S.M. Gupta Civil Engineering Department, National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra 13119, India.
- High-Performance, High-Volume fly ash concrete for Sustainable development P.KumarMehta,University of California, Berkeley, USA
- “Evaluation of in place strength of high volume fly ash concrete” Sushantupadhyaya, G Goulias, Karthikobla.
- Siddique, William prince, SihamKamali,“Influence of utilization of high volume of class F fly ash on the absorption resistance of concrete”