Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : AN EXPERIMENTAL INVESTIGATION ON CONCRETE WITH OF PARTIAL REPLACEMENT OF CEMENT BY HYPO SLUDGE
Volume 04 Issue 04 2017
ISSN no : 2348-3121
Page no: 218-221
Abstract – Concrete is strength and tough material but it is porous material also which interacts with the surrounding environment. The durability of concrete depends largely on the movement of water and gas enters and moves through it. To produce low cost concrete by blending various ratios of cement with hypo sludge & to reduce disposal and pollution problems due to hypo sludge it is most essential to develop profitable building materials from hypo sludge. This project presents result of an experimental investigation carried out to evaluate effects of replacing cement by hypo sludge which is an industrial waste by-product on concrete strength .The primary aim of this research was to evaluate the durability of concrete made with hypo sludge. The partial replacement by replacing cement via 10%, 20%, 30%, and 40%, of Hypo Sludge for mix design of M20 , M25, M30.The Investigation was carried out for the following test like compressive strength and split tensile strength , Flexural strength. Paper making generally produces a large amount of solid waste. Paper fibers can be recycled only a limited number of times before they become too short or weak to make high quality paper. It means that the broken, low- quality paper fibers are separated out to become waste sludge. Keeping this in view, investigations were undertaken to produce low cast concrete by blending various ratios of cement with hypo sludge
Key Words – hypo sludge concrete; compressive strength; split strength; flexural strength
- Andrew M. Dunster, 2007. “Paper sludge and 23. Ergun, 2011. “Effects Of Usage Of Diatomite And Paper Sludge Ash In Portland Cement Manufacture”, waste marble powder as partial replacement of cement WRT 117/WR0115. on the mechanical properties of concrete”
- Binal P. Lad, Aayush R. Sharda, “Investigation Of Low Cost Concrete Using Paper Industry Waste-Lime Sludge” Gujarat Technology University, May-2014.
- R.Balamurugan, R.Karthickraja,“An Experimental Investigation Of Partial Replacement Of Cement By Industrial Waste (Hypo Sludge)” International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA) April 2014, ISSN : 2248 9622, Vol. 4, Issue 4( Version 1), pp.430-435.
- Gabriel Fava, Maria LetiziaRuello and ValeriaCorinaldesi, 2011. “Papermill Sludge Ash As Supplementary CementitiousmateriaL”, Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering (ASCE), 23(6): 772-776.
- JayeshkumarPitroda, L.B.Zala, F S Umrigar,“Durability Of Concrete With Partial Replacement Of Cement By Paper Industry Waste (Hypo Sludge)”International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE) Feb 2013.
- JayrajVinodsinh Solanki1, JayeshkumarPitroda, “Investigation Of Low Cost Concrete Using industrial Waste As Supplementary Cementitious Materials”, International Journal of Engineering Science and Innovative Technology (IJESIT), January 2013, Volume 2, Issue 1, ISSN: 2319-5967.