Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : AN EXPERIMENTAL STUDY ON MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF MICROSILICA CONCRETE
Volume 04 Issue 04 2017
ISSN no : 2348-3121
Page no: 222-225
Abstract – This paper presents the experimental investigation to find out the effect of replacement of cement by micro silica on the workability and strength characteristics. The strength characteristics viz., compressive strength, tensile strength, flexural strength and workability characteristics are found with the replacement of micro silica in different percentages viz., 5%, 10%, 15%, and 20% respectively by weight of cement on the properties of M40 grade of concrete. The test results shows that there is an increase in compressive, split tensile and flexural strength for M40 grade of concrete mixes with replacement of cement by 10% replacement. Hence, micro silica can be used to increase the strength of concrete.
Key Words – cement; concrete; bacteria; compressive strength; tensile strength; flexural strength
- Ramakrishnan V, Ramesh KP, and Bang SS. South Dokata School of Mines and Technology, USA, Bacterial Concrete, Proceedings of SPIE, Vol. 4234 pp. 168-176,Smart Materials.
- Ramchandran SK, Ramakrishnan V, and Bang SS. South Dokata School of Mines and Technology, USA Remediation of concrete using Microorganisms ACI Materials Journal, 98(2001) 3-9.
- Chiara Barabesi, Alessandro Galizzi, Giorgio Mastromei, Mila Rossi, Elena,Tamburini and Brunella Perito Pavia, Italy Bacillus subtilis Gene Cluster Involved in Gopala Krishnan S, Annie Peter J, Rajamane NP. Strength and durability characteristics of Concretes containing HVFA with and without processing.
- Proceedings of the International Conference on Recent Trends in Concrete Technology and Structures. INCONTEST 2003. Vol. 2, 2003, pp. 203-216. Calcium Carbonate Biomineralization, Journal of Bacteriology, 2007, pp. 228-235.
- Ramikrishnan V, Panchalan RK, Bang, SS. Improvement of concrete durability by bacterial mineral precipitation” Proceedings ICF 11, Torino, Italy, 2005.
- Santhosh KR, Ramakrishnan V, Duke EF, and Bang SS, SEM Investigation of Microbial Calcite Precipitation in Cement Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Cement Microscopy, pp. 293-305, Montreal, Canada, 2000.
- Day JL, Panchalan RK, Ramakrishnan V. Micro biologically induced sealant for concrete crack remediation Proceedings of the 16th Engineering Mechanics conference, Seattle, WA, 2003.