Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : COGNITIVE NETWORKS
Volume 04 Issue 04 2017
ISSN no : 2348-3121
Page no: 235-237
Abstract – The ever increasing capabilities of wireless devices has made us feel the need of efficient and optimized use of the capabilities of the devices. It is beyond the ability of user and operator to optimally configure the complexity of the modern wireless devices and network, only viable solution available is to include the intelligence or self-optimization within the network itself . Cognitive Networks seek to find the solution of this problem by embedding the greater degree of intelligence with the increasing capabilities of wireless devices.
Key Words – Cognitive process, reasoning, and learning, dynamic spectrum access, SAN, MAS, AI etc.
- R.W.Thomas, L. A. DaSilva, and A. B. MacKenzie, “Cognitive networks,” in IEEE DySPAN, (Baltimore, Maryland), pp. 352–360, Nov. 2005.
- J. Mitola, Cognitive Radio: An Integrated Agent Architecture for Software Defined Radio. PhD thesis, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), 2000.
- R. W. Thomas, D. H. Friend, L. A. DaSilva, and A. B. MacKenzie, “Cognitive networks: Adaptation and learning to achieve end-to-end performance objectives,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 44, pp. 51–57, Dec. 2006.
- V. Srivastava and M. Motani, “Cross-layer design: a survey and the road ahead,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 43, no. 12, pp. 112–119, 2005.
- V. Kawadia and P. R. Kumar, “A cautionary perspective on cross-layer design,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 3–11, 2005.
- D. D. Clark, C. Partridge, J. C. Ramming, and J. T. Wroclawski, “A knowledge plane for the internet,” in ACM SIGCOMM, (New York, NY, USA), pp. 3–10, ACM Press, 2003.
- D. Bourse, M. Muck, O. Simon, N. Alonistioti, K. Moessner, E. Nicollet, D. Bateman, E. Buracchini, G. Chengeleroyen, and P. Demestichas, “End-to-end reconfigurability (E2R II): Management and control of adaptive communication systems,” in IST Summit 06, (Mykonos, Greece), 2006.