Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : ENHANCEMENT OF LEVENSHTEIN DISTANCE ALGORITHM FOR RAPID RECOGNIZATION OF CONFIDENTIAL DATA LEAKAGE ON TRANSFORMED E-MAIL
Volume 04 Issue 04 2017
ISSN no : 2348-3121
Page no: 253-258
Abstract – Data leakage or Data breach refers to the unauthorized accessing like transforming, copying, viewing and stealing the sensitive data either accidentally or intentionally from the organization to the outside world without getting permission from the owner of the data. The organizations are suffering more, due to this data leakage. The statistics show that data leakage climb to a greater extent by exposing billion of data records over the last few years. To overcome this data leakage, this paper proposes enhancement of the Levenshtein distance algorithm together with sampling algorithm (n gram=5) which is also said to be the Data leakage Detection (DLD) and Prevention (DLP) Technology and this is capable of detecting all kind of possible data leakage that was occurred and preventing any kind of data leakage from occurring, hence providing 3% improvement in efficient detection while comparing to the existing system. The enhancement technique can detect the data leakage accurately as well as maintaining the privacy, scalability, confidentiality and throughput using a specialized framework called Apache Lucene.
Key Words – data breach; detection accuracy; DLD; DLP; efficient; privacy; sampling; scalability; sensitive data
- Ajay Kumar , Ankit Goyal , Ashwani Kumar “Comparative Evaluation of Algorithms for Effective Data Leakage Detection”,ICT 2013
- Y. Jang, S. P. Chung, B. D. Payne, and W. Lee, “Gyrus: A framework for user-intent monitoring of text-based networked applications,” in Proc.23rd USENIX Secur. Symp. 2014, pp. 79–93.
- Neeraj Kumar , Vijay Katta , Himanshu Mishra , Hitendra Garg,“Detection of Data Leakage in Cloud Computing Environment”,2014
- X. Shu, J. Zhang, D. Yao, and W.-C. Feng, “Rapid screening of
transformed data leaks with efficient algorithms and parallel
Computing, “in Proc. 5th ACM Conf. Data Appl. Secur. Privacy
(CODASPY),San Antonio, TX, USA, Mar. 2015, pp. 147–149.
- H. A. Kholidy, F. Baiardi, and S. Hariri, “DDSGA: A data-driven semi-global alignment approach for detecting masquerade attacks,”IEEE Trans. Dependable Secure Compute., vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 164–178,Mar./Apr. 2015.
- X. Shu, J. Zhang, D. Yao, and W.-C. Feng, “Rapid and parallel
Content screening for detecting transformed data exposure,” in Proc.3rd Int. Workshop Secur. Privacy Big Data (BigSecurity), Apr./May 2015,pp. 191–196.
- Marco Pistoia Omer Tripp, Paolina Centonze, Joseph W.
Ligman”Labyrinth: Visually Configurable Data-leakage Detection in Mobile Applications”,2015
- “Fast Detection of Transformed Data Leaks” by Xiaokui Shu, Jing Zhang, Danfeng (Daphne) Yao and Wu-Chun Feng,March 2016
- Subhashini Peneti, B.Padmaja Rani “Data Leakage Prevention System with Time Stamp”, ICICES 2016
- MengShanshan, Yang Xiaohui, Song Yubo,ZhuKelong, Chen
Fei”ANDROID’S SENSITIVE DATA LEAKAGE DETECTION
BASED ON API MONITORING”
- Abir Awad, Sara Kadry, Guraraj Maddodi, Saul Gill, Brian Lee , “DataLeakage Detection using System Call Provenance”,2016
- Jausmin KJ,Dr.P.Elumazhai,“Quick Recognization of Confidential data leakage On Transformed e-Mail”December 2016