Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : PARAMETRIC STUDY OF PILE RAFT FOUNDATION FOR MULTI-STOREY BUILDING WITH DIFFERENT STRUCTURAL SYSTEM FOR SOFT SOIL CONDITION
Volume 04 Issue 04 2017
ISSN no : 2348-3121
Page no: 264-266
Abstract – Sub structure is an important part of any multi storey building as it gives stability to the super-structure. Foundation is designed as per the reactions coming from the super structure. Therefore, as the structural system changes, base reactions are changed and it affects the foundation design. In this study, analysis and design of pile raft foundation in SAFE 2012 for multi-story (G+10, G+15 and G+20) buildings with different structural systems for soft soil conditions has been carried out and comparison has been made. Here, three types of structural systems – simple frame, frame with shear wall and frame with bracing have been taken. By the comparative study, we have concluded that for the frame with shear wall, the cost of foundation is maximum than other two systems. For frame with bracing, the cost is more than that of simple frame.
Key Words – Pile Raft foundation, Structural system, soft soil
- AnshulSud, Raghav Singh Shekhawat, PoonamDhiman “Effect Of Different Shear Wall Configurations on Seismic Response of A Moment-Resisting Frame” European Scientific Journal May 2014.
- Arora K.R., “Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering” 5th edition, Standard Publication House, New Delhi, 2001.
- Dr. H. J. Shah, “Reinforced Concrete Vol.I” 11th edition: 2016, charotar Publication House.
- IS 1893 (Part I): 2002 “Criteria for Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures”.
- Is 2911 Part1 Sec1 1979 Indian Standard “Code Of Practice For Design And Construction Of Pile Foundations Part I Concrete Piles” Section I Driven Cast in-Situ Concrete Piles.
- IS 2950 part1 1981 Indian Standard “Code Of Practice For Design And Construction Of Raft Foundations” Part I Design
- IS 456: 2000 “Plain and Reinforced Concrete – Code of Practise”.
- IS 875 (Part V) “Code of Practise for Design Loads (Other than Earthquake) For Buildings and Structures”.
- J.M. Raut, Dr. S.R.Khadeshwar, Dr. S.P.Bajad,Dr. M.S.Kadu “Simplified Design Method For Piled Raft Foundation” Advances in Soil Dynamics and Foundation Engineering ASCE 2014
- K. S. K. Karthik Reddy, Sai Kala Kondepudi, HarshaKaviti “A Comparative Study on Behavior of Multistoried Building with Different Types and Arrangements of Bracing Systems” IJSTE – International Journal of Science Technology & Engineering | Volume 2 | Issue 2 | August 2015.
- “Mat Foundations” NPTEL – Advanced Foundation Engineering-1.
- Nabanita Sharma, JitendraDeka, AnkitaGogoi, DipankarBorpuzari, BikiHussain “Structural Design Of Raft Foundation Based On Geotechnical Analysis” Journal of Civil Engineering and Environmental Technology.
- Tejendra G Tank, Dr. S. P. dave “Analytical Approaches For Analysis Of Piled-Raft Systems” International Journal of Advanced Engineering Technology IJAET/Vol.II/ Issue IV/October-December, 2011/431-434.