Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : STRENGTHENING OF PSC BOX GIRDER BALANCE CANTILEVER BRIDGE BY EXTERNAL PRESTRESSING
Volume 04 Issue 04 2017
ISSN no : 2348-3121
Page no: 267-272
Abstract – This paper represents strengthening technique of the balanced cantilever bridge which shows excessive deflection. The Prestressed concrete bridge is box girder balanced cantilever with suspended span and 977m long. The bridge is constructed in early 2000 and cantilever tips of bridge shows excessive deflection in 2017. The analytical model of bridge is prepared in Midas civil software package and with the help of time dependent properties creep, shrinkage, relaxation loss, etc. the actual deflection of bridge is achieved. Model is also developed in midas civil which shows that the deflection of bridge is reduced with the help of external prestressing. The design of deviator block and stressing plates for external prestressing is represented in this paper as per Indian standards.
Key Words – balanced cantilever, excessive deflection, strengthening, and external prestressing
- Dr. Gopal L. Rai ,”Strengthening of Mithi River Bridge Under N1 Taxiway at Mumbai International Airport”, R&M International Group conference.
- Zuanfeng Pan1 and Fangchen You,”Quantitative Design of Backup Prestressing Tendons for Long-Span Prestressed Concrete Box Girder Bridges”, American Society of Civil Engineers.
- Mamdouh Elbadry; Amin Ghali ,”Deflection Control of Prestressed Box Girder Bridges; and Ramez B. Gayed”, American Society of Civil Engineers
- Ayaho Miyamoto, Katsuji Tei,” Behavior of Prestressed Beam Strengthened with External Tendons”, Journal of Structural Engineering.
- IRC:6-2014, Standard Specifications And Code of Practice For Road Bridges, Section-II – Loads And Stresses (Revised Edition)
- IRC:112-2011, Code of Practice For Concrete Road Bridges
- IRC:18-2000, Design Criteria for Pre-stressed Concrete Bridges
- IS 6006-1983, Specification for Uncoated Stress Relieved Strand for Prestressed Concrete
- IS 4000-1992, High Strength Bolts Structures – Code of in Steel Practice
- N Krishna Raju, ”Prestressed concrete” V.K.Raina, “Design of Bridges