Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : AN EXPERIMENTAL STUDY ON CONCRETE WITH PARTIAL REPLACEMENT OF CEMENT BY BENTONITE POWDER
Volume 04 Issue 04 2017
ISSN no : 2348-3121
Page no: 273-275
Abstract – Concrete is one of the most widely used construction material in the world. It can be cast in diverse shapes. Concrete is a composite material formed by the combination of cement, sand, coarse aggregate and water in a particular proportion in such a way that the concrete produced meets the needs as regards its workability, strength, durability and economy. It is found to be versatile and hence gained importance in building materials. The concrete has high compressive strength, stiffness low thermal conductivity and low combustibility, but it has very low resistance tensile strength, limited ductility and little resistance to cracking. In the context of increased awareness regarding the ill effects of global warming, eco-friendly technologies are to be developed for the effective management of resources. The cost effectiveness in construction will be achieved only if we thinking from every corner of construction materials. In this Thesis, an attempt have made to overcome this problem by the limited use of Bentonite powder in place of Cement.
- Duggal.S.K,Building Materials, Revised 2nd Edition , New international Publishers
- Gambhir.M.L,Concrete technology, 4th edition, Tata Mc-Graw hill education Pvt.Ltd, New Delhi.
- Gupta.B.L , Amit Gupta, Concrete technology , Standard Publishers Distributors, Delhi-11006.
- Guner, A. (1978) “Properties and behaviour of bentonite-cement slurries”, University of London PhD thesis, P.NO:279.
- Maeda, M (1997). “TriaxialCU（consolidated-undrained）compression tests on Ca exchanged bentonite”, P.NO:97-314.
- Lehikoinen, J. ‘Cement-Bentonite Interaction Issues, Buffering Capacity of Bentonite’. VTT Processes, Finland.
- Sasakura, T. (2004). “Studies on the mechanical behavior of bentonite for development of an elastoplastic constitutive model”, Proc. DisTec2004, Berlin, P.NO:498-507.
- Santhakumar,A.R ,Concrete technology, First edition OXFORD university publication
- Shetty,M.S – “Concrete Technology” – S. Chand & company, New Delhi.
- Vigil de la Villa, R., Cuevas, J., Ramirez, S. and Leguey, S.,2001; Zeolite formation during the alkaline reaction of bentonite, Eur. J. Mineral.,13, P.NO:635-644.
- Varghese,P.C Building materials,1st edition, Prentice,Hall of India Pvt.Ltd,Newdelhi-11006.
- Methods of Tests for strength of Concrete IS: 516 – 1959, 15th Reprint August 1993, Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
- IS 10079 – 1982, Indian Standards, Specification for cylinder, metal measures for use in tests of aggregates in concrete, September 1982, Indian Standards Institution, New Delhi
- IS 10080 – 1982, Indian Standards, specification for vibration machines, September 1982, Indian Standards Institution, New Delhi.