Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : REPAIRS & REHABILITATION OF R.C.C. STRUCTURES
Volume 04 Issue 04 2017
ISSN no : 2348-3121
Page no: 279-282
Abstract – The paper emphasize on Rehabilitation of R.C.C. structures. The purpose of the paper is to highlight the methods of repair and rehabilitation to be undertaken for structures with defects and deficiencies that necessitate rehabilitation. Repair and Rehabilitation methods currently used are reviewed on the basis of present knowledge and the merit of a holistic system approach. Micro-cracks are the main cause to structural failure. One way to circumvent costly manual maintenance and repair is to incorporate an autonomous self -healing mechanism in concrete. One such an alternative repair mechanism is currently being studied, i.e. a novel technique based on the application of bio- mineralization of bacteria in concrete. The applicability of specifically calcite mineral precipitating bacteria for concrete repair and plugging of pores and cracks in concrete has been recently investigated and studies on the possibility of using specific bacteria as a sustainable and concrete -embedded self-healing agent was studied and results from ongoing studies are discussed.
- Meier U. Bridge Repair with high performance Composite Materials”, Material and Technic. 1987; 4:125-128.
- Kurtz S, Balaguru P. Use of Inorganic Polymer-Fiber Composites for Repair and Rehabilitation of Reinforced Concrete Structures, Repair and Rehabilitation of Reinforced Concrete Structures: the State of –the-Art, ASCE Publication, Maracaibo Venezuela.1997,155- 168
- Toutanji H, Gomez W. Durability Characteristics of Concrete Beams Externally Bounded with FRP Composite Sheets, Cement and Concrete Composites, 1997, 19:351-358.
- IS 13920:1993, “Indian Standard Code of Practice for Ductile Detailing of Reinforced Concrete Structures Subjected to Seismic Forces,” Bureau of Indian Standards.
- IS 13935:1993, “Indian Standard for Repair and Seismic Strengthening of Buildings Guidelines”, Bureau of Indian Standards.
- Alcocer, S.M. and Jirsa, J.O. (1993), “Strength of Reinforced Concrete Frame Connections