Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AUTOMATED DOMESTIC WATER SUPPLY USING PLC AND GSM
Volume 04 Issue 04 2017
ISSN no : 2348-3121
Page no: 283-285
Abstract – water is one of the most essential need of the human to live. Our government has taken many steps to distribute the drinking water. Due to the increase in the population it is difficult to maintain the distribution of water. And also there were wastage of water because of human laziness. Hence the distribution should be controlled by PLC controller, which helps us to distribute the water automatically. The wastage of water by overflow of water can be controlled by level switch which sends the signal to the PLC, which controls the motor. In urban areas people doesn’t know water distribution time. GSM module which is used to intimate the time of water supply to the people mobile phone. Solenoid which is used to open and close of valve which is operated by the PLC.
Keywords – PLC, GSM, level switch, solenoid valves
- Shubham Sharma, Golu Yadav, Jaydeep Prajapati, Nitin Namdev, Vishal Sharma, “Design of automatic domestic service water supply system and its implementation”, International education and research journal, Volume-2, pp.45-46, September 2016.
- Pavithra D, M.Srinath, “GSM based Automatic Irrigation Control System for Efficient Use of Resources and Crop Planning by Using an Android Mobile”,IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE), Volume 11, Issue 4 Ver. I, pp.49-55, August 2014.
- Sagar Khole, Tushar Kolape, A.P.More, “Automated Drinking Water Supply System and Theft Identification Using Embedded Technology”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Volume 3, pp.2267-2272, March 2015.
- Anubha Panchal, Ketakee Dagade, Shubhangi Tamhane, Kiran Pawar, Pradnya Ghadge, “Automated Water Supply System and Water Theft Identification Using PLC and SCADA”, International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, Vol. 4, pp.67-69, April 2014.
- Sathishkumar, Prabu, “PLC and SCADA Based Automation in Testing of Water and Drinking Water Supplying Unit”, International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), Volume 3, pp.927-929, November 2014.
- Milan paudel, Asaad Ahmed Mohammedahmed Eltaieb, Zhang Jian Min, “Water Level Control using Arduino”, International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), Volume 4, pp.1505-1509, December 2015.
- Harish Iyer, Chetan Wagaj, Niketan Newale, “Arduino based Home Automation System”, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887), Volume 115 – No. 8, pp.14-16, April 2015.