Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : ANALYSIS AND DESIGN OF 30 M PRESTRESSED CONCRETE SUPER STRUCTURES WITH INDIAN STANDARD
Volume 04 Issue 04 2017
ISSN no : 2348-3121
Page no: 297-301
Abstract – Bridge is most useful structure for highway Structures and River & Canal structures in without any obstruction of water, traffic is flow out on structures. In Bridge structures, many type of vehicles like small vehicles, light vehicles and heavy vehicles are flowing in every time, so main concept of bridge is how to become a safe under various types of loading condition of vehicles in one direction. Generally, the vehicles are flow in structure, the load of vehicles are Both side disperse in 45 degree from edge of tire of vehicle in both longitudinal and lateral directions means spans direction and length of Structure directions. So, this dispersion of load is directly affected to top of bridge (Deck slab) and then longitudinal girder as well as cross girder. After that the long member of bridge superstructure like girder is transported the load towards the substructure of Bridge and then foundation to soil. The design of superstructure is generally used with RCC, but now a days long span member of Bridge using with PSC, for get much more advantage and safety of Structure.
Keywords – PSC Superstructure, Analysis, Material, Type of Losses, Deck Slab, Torsion, End block and Intermediate and Outer Diaphragm
- Zhou, Fang Li and Roy A. Imbsen, “Introduction of the Lateral Posttension Method for Prestressed Concrete Bridges”, Journal of Bridge Engineering, 2008.
- A.C. Aparicio, J. R. Casas and G. Ramos “Computer Aided Design of Prestressed Concrete Highway Bridges” Journal: Computers & Structures,1996.
- Sadaqat Ullah Khana, Tehmina Ayubb, Adnan Qadira “Effect of overloaded vehicles on the performance of highway bridge girder: A case study” Procedia Engineering,2014.
- Ding Kewei, Hu Peng , Xia Ding “Research on Type Selection of Highway Bridge Composite Expansion and Contraction Installation” IEEE ,2010.
- Carlos Sousa,Marco Fonseca, Afonso Serra Neves and Rui Calcada “ New Methodology for Calculation of Required Prestressing levels in Continuous Precast Bridge Decks” Journal of Bridge Engineering(ASCE), November 1, 2013.
- Inmar Z. Badwan , M.ASCE, Ph.D.,P.E., and Robert Y. Liang “Performance Evaluation of Precast Posttensioned Concrete Multi beam Deck” Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities (ASCE),October 1, 2007.
- Gongkang Fu, Lang Liu and Mark D. Bowman “Multiple Presence Factor for Truck Load on Highway Bridges”, Journal of Bridge Engineering (ASCE),March 1, 2013.
- IRC: 5-1998. Standard Specifications and Code of Practice for Road Bridges. SECTION I. General Features of Design. (Seventh Revision)
- IRC: 6-2014. Standard Specifications and Code of Practice for Road Bridges SECTION II Load and Stresses.
- IRC: 18-2000 Design Criteria for Prestressed Concrete Road Bridges. (Post-tensioned Concrete). (Third Revision).
- IRC: 21-2000 Standard Specifications and Code of Practice for Road Bridges. Section iii Cement Concrete (Plain and Reinforced).
- IRC: 22-2000 Standard Specifications and Code of Practice for Road Bridges Section vi Composite Construction (first revision)
- Prestressed Concrete by Krishna Raju, fourth edition.