Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : PARAMETRIC STUDY OF THE SHEAR RESISTANCE OF HEADED SHEAR CONNECTOR IN STEEL BEAM CONCRETE SLAB COMPOSITE CONSTRUCTION
Volume 04 Issue 04 2017
ISSN no : 2348-3121
Page no: 312-315
Abstract – This paper presents the numerical as well as parametric investigation of shear resistance of headed shear connector using four different standard code with the analytic expressions for determination of shear resistance of headed shear connectors in steel concrete composite beams. Parametric study carried out to the investigate shear resistance of the headed stud connector. The strength of the shear connectors had been reviewed in addition to a comparison of four standard codes as well as the parametric study of the headed shear connectors.
Keywords – Shear Stud; Parametric Study of Shear Stud; Headed Stud Shear Connector
- European standard code of Design of composite steel and concrete structures Part 1-1 clause no 126.96.36.199 design pf shear stud connector.
- IS-3935-1966: (6.5.81) code practice for composite construction, The safe shear resistance of shear stud.
- GB50017-2003, clause no.11.3.1 calculation of design code, for shear resistance of design.
- AASHTO LRFD, American code of bridge design specification use for safe resistant connection. according to clause no 188.8.131.52.3
- Marko Pavlović, Zlatko Marković, Zlatko Marković, Dragan Buđevac “Bolted shear connector vs headed shear connector behaviour in push-out tests” ,Journal of Constructional Steel Research, Elsevier.
- Dongyan Xue, Yuqing Liu, Yuqing Liu, Jun He “Static behaviour of multi-stud shear connectors for steel-concrete composite bridge”: Journal of Constructional Steel Research, Elsevier.
- Huu Thanh Nguyen, Seung Eock Kim “Finite element modelling of push-out tests for large stud shear connectors”, ,Journal of Constructional Steel , Elsevier.
- Qinghua Han, YihongWang, Ying Xing, Jie Xua., “Static behaviour of stud shear connectors in elastic concrete–steel composite beams”, Journal of Constructional Steel Research , Elsevier, year of publish 15/6/2015
- D. Lam, J. Qureshi, J. Ye, “Composite behaviour of headed stud shear connector in pair with profiled metal deck flooring”. Research gate.
- ABAQUS Version 6.13 [computer software], Dassault system