Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : STRENGTHENING OF PIER OF RCC SLAB BRIDGE
Volume 04 Issue 04 2017
ISSN no : 2348-3121
Page no: 319-321
Abstract – This paper represents strengthening technique of the pier of RCC slab bridge with is distressed by aging effect. The RCC Bridge is slab Type Bridge and 85m long and located in sea. The bridge is constructed in early 1980 and due to environmental effect strength of bridge is reduced. The analytical model of bridge is prepared in Midas civil software package and with the help of current condition data strengthening technique would be suggested. The detail design of strengthening technique by jacketing is also presented in this paper.
Keywords – RCC slab Bridge, saline environmental, strengthening, and pier jacketing
- P.Rathishkumar, Toshiyukioshima, Shuichimi, Kamiandtomoyukiyamazaki, “Seismic retrofit of square reinforced concrete piers by ferrocement jacketing”, Structure and Infrastructure Engineering
- Nikita Gupta1, Poonam Dhiman2, Anil Dhiman, “Design and Detailing of RC Jacketting for Concrete Columns”, IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering.
- Bertha Alejandra Olmos Navarrete, José Manuel Jara Guerrero, María de la Consolación Díaz, “Influence of RC jacketing on the seismic vulnerability of RC bridges”, Engineering Structures
- SP-16, Design Aids for Reinforced Concrete to IS 456:1978
- IS:456-2000, Plain and Reinforced Concrete – Code of Practice
- IRC:6-2014, Standard Specifications And Code of Practice For Road Bridges, Section-II – Loads And Stresses (Revised Edition)
- IRC:112-2011, Code of Practice For Concrete Road Bridges V.K.Raina, “Design of Bridges