Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : MUSISHARE: AN EFFICIENT MUSIC SHARING AND PLAYING SYSTEM IN A LOCAL AREA NETWORK USING A SERVER
Volume 04 Issue 04 2017
ISSN no : 2348-3121
Page no: 347-350
Abstract – The world has reached a stage today where every individual expects variety in each and every aspect of life. From day to day things such as clothes to electronic gadgets, from music to food items everything demands variety, be it in terms of physical appearance or specifications. Similarly, this project has the capability to revolutionize the restaurant business. The ambiance is one of the major factors which helps in marking an impression on the customers. For a vibrant ambiance of a restaurant, music plays a crucial part. So to provide a variety even in the choice of music, this system comes into play. This system basically allows a customer to play his/her own choice of music in social places such as cafes, bistros, restaurants and many such establishments. With the help of an app, the user can select his/her own music from their android device and queue it on the common sound system of the establishment. Before every song is played a voting poll will be launched on the users’ devices so as to maintain the ambiance of the establishment. If a song gets maximum votes, it gets played on the common sound system. Before voting poll is done for a song, it is cross-checked for any explicit content and lyrics. If there is any, it will be removed from the playlist.
Keywords – WLAN, Database repository, music fingerprinting, Server linked with a repository, Android development, Android front end, and APIs.
- Guang Yang; Xiaoou Chen; Deshun Yang “Efficient music identification by utilizing space-saving audio fingerprinting system” in 2014 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo(ICME).
- Sunhyung Lee; Dongsuk Yook; Sukumoon Chang” An efficient audio fingerprinting search algorithm for music retrieval ” in IEEE Transaction on Consumer Electronics.
- Kaichun K. Chang; Solon P.Pissis; Jyh-Shing R. Jang; Costas S. Iliopoulos “Sub-Nyquist audio fingerprinting for music recognition” in 2010 2nd Computer Science and Electronics Engineering Conference(CEEC).
- P.Vitharana; F.M Zahedi; H. Jain “Knowledge-based repository scheme for strong and retrieving business components; a theoretical design and an empirical analysis” in 2003 IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering.
- G. J. Hoekstra; R.D. van der Mei “On the processor Sharing of File Transfers in Wireless LANs” in VTC Spring 2009-IEEE 69th Vehicular Technology Conference.
- Juan Li; Wang Yang; Guojun Wang “A cross-layer design for improving trivial file transfer protocol in Mobile Transparent computing” in 2013 IEEE 10th International Conference on High-performance computing and communication.
- Masafumi Hashimoto; Go Hasegawa; Masayuki Murata “Experimental evaluation of SCTP tunneling for energy-efficient TCP data transfer over WLAN” in 2014 International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference(IWCMC).
- Diptanil DebBarma “Energy efficient RoF-based centralized enterprise WLAN (CE-WLAN)” in IEEE EUROCON 2015 – International conference on computer as a tool.
- Vinodhini. M; Manju. A “An efficient online shopping system using map reduce framework in big data” from International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering & Technology (IJARCET)
- Hello, Android (3rd edition) book by Ed Burnette