Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : ARDUINO LILYPAD BASED PATH PLANNING FOR BLIND
Volume 04 Issue 04 2017
ISSN no : 2348-3121
Page no: 351-354
Abstract – This paper primarily deals in assisting the blind people to reach their destination without any difficulties using the shoes which are specially designed for the blind people using the new technology “ARDUINO LILYPAD” as it can be easily fabricated to fit inside a shoe. This setup consists of pair of shoes in which one consists of Bluetooth device and other consists of vibrators and proximity sensors. These devices are connected to an android mobile phone that can calculate the directions and the real time location using Google maps, built-in GPS and compass module. In Arduino Lilypad device offers a non-obtrusive navigation for these people. In order to know the desired destination of the blind people a voice recognisable technique is used. Using the concept of internet of things a Bluetooth device sends signal to the Arduino Lilypad. The use of internet of things is that it connects an object to the cloud and abstracts the necessary information from the internet.
Keywords – vibrators, proximity sensors, google maps, GPS, compass module
- Anirudh Sharma,”anirudh.me\”-2011
- Alahmad, Mahmoud A.; Wheeler, Patrick G.; Schwer, Avery; Eiden, Joshua; Brumbaugh, Adam, “A Comparative Study of Three Feedback Device Residential Real-Time Energy Monitoring”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 59, Issue: 4, pp, 2002-2013, 2012 .
- Lechal: Android powered shoes reference.
- Haptic shoes lechal reference“http://anirudh.me/2011/06/le-chal-a-haptic-feedback-based-shoe-for-the-blind/ M. Ghanbari.
- Ballet shoes arduino-“https:// blog.arduino.cc/ e-traces-creates-visual-sensations-from-ballerin”.
- Arduino announces new brand, ”Genuino manufacturing-partnership with adafruit-make”- Dec 2011.
- Simon Monk-“Programming Arduino getting started with Sketches”McGraw hills publication, 2011.
- Maberley, DA; Hollands, H; Chuo, J; Tam, G; Konkal, J; Roesch, M; Veselinovic, A; Witzigmann, M; Bassett, K (March 2006). “The prevalence of low vision and blindness in Canada.”. Eye (London, England) March 2006.
- KeimD.A,Mansmann.F,Schneidewind.J,Ziegler.H-“Challenges in Visual Data analysis”-Information visualisation,2006,10th International conference.
- Kim.W,Mechitov.K,Jeung,Yoon choi,Ham.S-“On target tracking with binary proximity sensors”-Information processing in sensor networks,2005,IPSN 2005,Fourth International symposium.
- Lu Tan,Neng Wang-“Future internet:The Internet of things-Advanced computer theory and engineering,2010 3rd International conference”.
- RH Weber,R Weber-“Internet of things”-version 6-2010 Springer publications.
- H Lane-Disability & Society,Taylor,Francis-“Construction of deafness”-1995.
- Tae-Hee Kim,Cheon Sig Sin,”Automation & System analysis of performance of GPS signal’-2014 14th International conference-Pages 1006-1009.
- Zaruba.Gupta. G V,”Simplified Bluetooth device discovery, analysis and simulation”-Annual Hawaii International conference-page 9