Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : GRAPHICAL PASSWORD AUTHENTICATION
Paper Presented in : ‘2 day State Level workshop on Cyber Fest 17’, conducted by: ‘Department of Computer Engineering, Marathwada Mitra Mandal College of Engineering, Pune’ on 22-23 Feb 2017
Volume 04 Issue 05 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 4-6
Abstract – This is an era of digital world, day by day there is an increase in the data stored online. Most of the data is private and needs to be protected from the hackers. Traditional authentication technique is to use alphanumeric password, but it has shown significant drawbacks. For example, easy passwords can be easily guessed and on the other hand, hard passwords are hard to remember. A Graphical Password Authentication is an authentication system that uses various graphical techniques to enhance system security. The graphical elements like images and grids are used to build a graphical authentication system. Using image as a password helps in remembering the password as well as it enhances the security. Various algorithms that use this authentication technique are studied and discussed.
Keywords— Graphical Password, Authentication, Attacks, Security
- Shraddha M. Gurav, Leena S. Garwade, Pratjamey K. Rane and Nilesh R. Kochare, “Graphical Password Authentication,” International Conference on Electronic Systems, Signal Processing and Computing Technologies
- Pass-Go, a New Graphical Password Scheme,HAITAOThesis submitted to the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Electrical and Computer Engineering University of Ottawa© Hai Tao,Ottawa,Canada, June, 2006
- Jermyn Ian, A. Mayer, F. Monrose, M. K. Reiter, A. D. Rubin; 1999, “The design and analysis of graphical passwords”, Proceedings of the Eighth USENIX Security Symposium, USENIX Association 1–14.
- Authentication for Session Password Using Colour and Images by jai patel,SNJB’s COE Computer Engineering Department, University Of Pune. Ganeshkhind,Pune.
- A Survey on Recognition-Based Graphical User Authentication Algorithms FarnazTowhidi Centre for Advanced Software Engineering, University Technology Malaysia Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
- Authentication Using Graphical Passwords: Basic Results Susan Wiedenbeck Jim Waters ,College of IST Drexel University Philadelphia, PA, 19104 USA
- Security Analysis of Graphical Passwords over the Alphanumeric Passwords by G. Agarwal ,Deptt.of Computer Science, IIET, Bareilly, India 2,3 Deptt. of Information Technology, IIET, Bareilly, India 27-11-2010