Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : BOTNET DETECTION SYSTEM USING ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETWORK
Paper Presented in : ‘2 day State Level workshop on Cyber Fest 17’, conducted by: ‘Department of Computer Engineering, Marathwada Mitra Mandal College of Engineering, Pune’ on 22-23 Feb 2017
Volume 04 Issue 05 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 15-17
Abstract – In recent years, Botnets have become the most serious problem in cyber security. Today’s various malicious programs are installed on machines all around the world without any permission of the users and transform these machines into Bots. Botnet is most extensive and regularly happens in today’s cyber-attacks bringing about serious risks of our system resources. Botnet is activity in which no of computers are connected in network and they are controlled by Bot-master via malicious attack remotely. Botnets can be facilitated for spamming, traffic sniffing, key-logging, information harvesting and DDoS attacks. Neural network take multiple input and give one output based on weights are given to the different neurons. In our proposed system, different malicious attacks are detected using feed-forward Neural network. Neural network takes multiple inputs as different parameters from dumper packet and based on that, system will detect that given packet is bot or not.
Keywords— Back Propagation, Botnet, Feed Forward Neural Network, Network Security, TCP Dumper
- SHING-HAN LI,DAVID C. YEN,“A Network Behavior-Based Botnet Detection Mechanism Using PSO and K-means” Department of Accounting Information, National Taipei University of Business YU-CHENG KAO. Department of Information Management, Tatung University, School of Economics and Business
- Kuochen Wang, Chun-Ying Huang, Shang-Jyh Lin,Ying-Dar Lin, “A fuzzy pattern-based filtering algorithm for botnet detection.” Department of Computer Science, National Chiao Tung University ,National Taiwan Ocean University.
- S.S.Garasia1,D.P.Rana2, R.G.Mehta3,“HTTP BOTNET DETECTION USING FREQUENT PATTERNSET MINING”, 1.M.Tech,2.Assistant Professor,3.Associate Professor, Computer Department, SVNIT, Surat, India.
- Long Keping,“HTTP-sCAN: Detecting HTTP- Flooding Attack by Modeling Multi-Features of Web Browsing Behavior from Noisy Web-Logs”,University of Electronic Science & Technology of China, Chengdu 611731, P. R. China.
- Joakim Ersson , Esmiralda Moradian ,“Botnet Detection with Event-Driven Analysis” Stockholm University, Forum 100, 164 40 Kista, Sweden.
- Y. Yorozu, M. Hirano, K. Oka, and Y. Tagawa, “Electron spectroscopy studies on magneto-optical media and plastic substrate interface,” IEEE Transl. J. Magn. Japan, vol. 2, pp. 740-741, August 1987 [Digests 9th Annual Conf. Magnetics Japan, p. 301, 1982].
- M. Young, The Technical Writer’s Handbook. Mill Valley, CA: University Science, 1989.