Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : SECURITY AND PRIVACY IN IOT
Paper Presented in : ‘2 day State Level workshop on Cyber Fest 17’, conducted by: ‘Department of Computer Engineering, Marathwada Mitra Mandal College of Engineering, Pune’ on 22-23 Feb 2017
Volume 04 Issue 05 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 18-23
Abstract – The Internet of Things is an emerging topic of technical, social, and economic significance. Consumer products, durable goods, cars and trucks, industrial and utility components, sensors, and other object that we use in our routine life are being combined with Internet connectivity and powerful data analytic capabilities that promise to transform the way we work, live, and play. With growing technology the IoT raises significant challenges that could stand in the way of realizing its potential benefits. Day to day the attention- grabbing news about the hacking of Internet-connected devices, and privacy fears and security in all domains are capturing public attention. In IoT the technical challenges will remain and new policies are increasing daily against crimes, legal and development challenges are emerging. The IoT deals with a broad set of ideas that are complex and intertwined from different perspectives.
Keywords— Internet of Things (IoT), Object, Privacy, Security
- Cisco Visual Networking Index: Forecast and Methodology, 2014-2019.” Cisco, May 27, 2015.
- http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/service- provider/ip-ngn-ip-next-generation network/white_paper_c11- 481360.pdf
- J.Kumar and Dhiren Patel“ A Survey on Internet of Things: Security and Privacy Issues”, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 90 – No 11, March 2014
- Marco Stolpe “The Internet of Things: Opportunities and Challenges for Distributed Data Analysis”
- Introduction to IoT
- Book by Fei Hu Associate Professor Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering The University of Alabama “Security and Privacy in Internet of Things (IoTs) :Models, Algorithms, and Implementations”
- Y. Cheng, M. Naslund, G. Selander, and E. Fogelström, “Privacy in Machine-to-Machine Communications: A state-of- the-art survey,” International Conference on Communication Systems (ICCS), Proceedings of IEEE, 2012, pp. 75-79.
- RFC 2828, “Internet Security Glossary,” May 2000, [Online]. Available: https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2828.txt.
- L. Zhou, Q. Wen, and H. Zhang. “Preserving Sensor Location Privacy in Internet of Things.” In Computational and Information Sciences (ICCIS), proceedings of IEEE, 2012, pp. 856-859
- B. Tepekule, U. Yavuz, and A. E. Pusane, “Modern Kodlama Tekniklerinin QR Kod Uygulamalarina Yatkinlig, “ On the Use of Modern Coding Techniques in QR Applications.”, Proceedings of IEEE, 2013. pp.1-4.
- M.Giannikos, K. Korina, N. Fotiou, G. F. Marias and G. C. Polyzos, “Towards secure and context-aware information lookup for the Internet of Things.” In Computing, Networking and Communications (ICNC,) Proceedings of IEEE , 2013, pp. 632-636.
- R. Hall, A. Rinaldo, and L. Wasserman, “Differential Privacy for Functions and Functional Data,” Journal of Machine Learning Research, 2013, pp.703-727.
- Liu, Z. Liu, and F. Shao, “Digital Rights Management and Access Control in Multimedia Social Networks” In Genetic and Evolutionary Computing, Springer International Publishing, 2014,pp.257-266.
- Jan Henrik Ziegeldorf, Oscar Garcia Morchon, and Klaus Wehrle “Privacy in the Internet of Things: Threats and Challenges” SECURITY AND COMMUNICATION NETWORKS Security Comm. Networks 2013
- Christoph P. Mayer “Security and Privacy Challenges in the Internet of Things”
- FTC staff report “ Internet of Things : Privacy & Security in a Connected World” Jan 2015
- Mohamed Abomhara, Geir M. Køien “Security and Privacy in the Internet of Things: Current Status and Open Issues”
- Sathish Alampalayam Kumar ,Tyler Vealey Harshit Srivastava “Security in Internet of Things: Challenges, Solutions and Future Directions” 2016 49th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences
- Nicolas Sklavos, I. D. Zaharakis “Cryptography and Security in Internet of Things (IoTs): Models, Schemes, and Implementations” 978-1-5090-2914-3/16/$31.00 ©2016 IEEE
- Mario Weber, Marija Boba “Security challenges of the Internet of Things” MIPRO 2016, May 30 – June 3, 2016, Opatija, Croati
- White Paper Abhik Chaudhuri “Address Security and Privacy Concerns to Fully Tap into IoT Potential” TCS