Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : ROLE OF CYBER LAWS & CYBER ETHICS IN TODAY’S CYBER AGE AND CYBER WARFARE
Paper Presented in : ‘2 day State Level workshop on Cyber Fest 17’, conducted by: ‘Department of Computer Engineering, Marathwada Mitra Mandal College of Engineering, Pune’ on 22-23 Feb 2017
Volume 04 Issue 05 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 28-32
Abstract – Today’s environment has showed the importance of cyber security. Specially, when the matter is related to national security, it is even more essential and crucial. Increasing the number of cyber-attacks, between countries at governmental level, created a new term cyber warfare. By creating some rules and regulations for this kind of war is necessary therefore international justice systems need to work on it. This paper focuses on information on cyber warfare and what are the cyber ethics should be followed by all individuals in our society order to at least minimize the number of cyber-attacks. At the one end, cyber system provides many opportunities to communicate and learn and at the other end some individuals or community use in wrong direction for criminal purposes. This can be minimized by implementing some ethical values to those individuals or community, which in turn can be called as cyber ethics. The abuse of computers has also given birth to the new age crimes that are addressed by the Information Technology Act, 2000.
Keywords— Cyber Security, Cyber warfare, Cyber Laws, Cyber ethics IT Act 2000 and Cyber Attacks
- The White House, “the National Strategy to Secure Cyberspace,” the White House, Ed. 2003. [Online].Available:https://www.uscert.gov/sites/default/files/publication s/cyberspace_strategy .pdf. Accessed: Feb. 4, 2016.D. 
- U.S. DoD, “Department of Defense Dictionary of Military d A sociated Terms,” U.S. Department of Defen e, 2 14[Online].Available:http://www.dtic.mil/doctrine/new_pubs/jp1_02.pdf. Accessed: Feb. 4, 2016.
- RAND Corporation, “Cyber Warfare,” 2016. [Online]. Available: http://www.rand.org/topics/cyber-warfare.html.
- R. A. Clarke and R. K. Knake, Cyber War: The Next Threat to National Security and What to do About it. New York: HarperCollins Publishers, 2010.
- Vakul Sharma, Information Technology: Law and Practice, Universal Law Publishing Co. Pvt. Ltd., 2008.
- IT act 2000
- New Amendments to IT Act 2000
- S. Hinde, “The law, cybercrime, risk assessment and cyber protection”, Computers & Security, vol. 22, issue 2, pp. 90-95, February 2003.
- C. Scheideler, “Theory of network communication”, Johns Hopkins University, September 2002.  Adv. Prashant Mali, “Types of cybercrimes & cyber law in India”, CSI Communication, Vol. 35, issue 8, pp. 33-34,
- Q. Yeh and A. Chang, “Threats and countermeasures for information system security: A cross-industry study”, Information & Management, vol. 44, pp. 480-491, 2007.
- D. Denning, “An intrusion detection model”, IEEE Trans Softw Eng, Vol.13, issue 2, pp.222-232, 1987.
- ETHICS OF INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) Paper prepared by Tengku
- Social, ethical, moral and legal aspects of CT http://alia.org.au/-rhorton/it/module5.html
- Ethics of ICT in Business
http://www.ccsr.cse.dmu.ac.uk/resources/general/eth icollEcv8n 02.html