Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : DETECTING ATTACKS FOR SECURITY OF INFORMATION USING DATA MINING TECHNIQUE
Paper Presented in : ‘2 day State Level workshop on Cyber Fest 17’, conducted by: ‘Department of Computer Engineering, Marathwada Mitra Mandal College of Engineering, Pune’ on 22-23 Feb 2017
Volume 04 Issue 05 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 36-39
Abstract – In this paper we are list out various types of important data mining techniques, which are useful for detection of various web based application attacks done by hackers. In this IDS, is software useful for recognizing the types of attack and it source too. Classification data mining attack detection approach is most widely used and it has various types also which we explained in this paper. Data mining plays important role in each and every section such as used in cloud computing, internet of things, database etc. In our paper, we enlist various strategies and types of attacks, protocol attack in IDS. We see classification technique’s three approaches statistical, machine learning and neural network. In this we list out the various data mining attacks detection techniques such classification, partitioning, clustering, SVM, genetic algorithm.
Keywords— IDS, Data mining, Classification rules, SVM, Genetic Algorithm Concept
- N. Mangrulkar, A. Patil, and A. Pande, “Network Attack and Their Detection Mechanism: A Review,” Nagpur Maharshtra India, vol. 90, pp. 0975-8887, March 2014. (references)
- V. Jaiganeh, Dr P. Sumathi, A. Vinitha, “Classification Algorithm in Intrusion Detection System: A Survey”, Gov. Arts College and Science College Coimbatore tamil Nadu India, vol. 5(s)., pp. 746-750, sep-oct 2013.
- L.M.R.J Lobo and Suhas B. Chavan, “Use of Genetic Algorithm in Network Security ,” in Solapur Maharashtra, vol.53I, pp.0975-8887, September 2012.
- Fabio Pasqualetti, Florian Dorfler, and Francesco Bullo, “Attack Detection and Identification in Cyber-Physical Systems,” unpublished.
- Amrita Anand, and Brahesh Patel, “An overview on Intrusion Detection System and Types of Attacks It can Detect Considering Different Protocols,”, S.R.I.T. Jabalpur R.G.P.V. University India, vol. 2, pp. 2277 128X, August 2012.
- “An Introduction to Intrusion-Detection Systems” ,Herve Debar
- “A survey of Intrusion Detection System”, Douglas J. Brown, Bill suckow, and Tianqiu wang.
- “Comparative Study of Data Mining Techniques to Enhance Intrusion Detection” , Mitchell D’silva, Deepali Vora.
- “Anomaly-based network instrusion detection Techniques, systems and challenges”, P.Garcia- Teodoroa, J. Diaz- Verdejoa, G. Macia- Fernandez, E. Vazquezb.