Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : FINGERPRINT MATCHING AND EXTRACTION USING HADOOP MAP-REDUCE
Paper Presented in : ‘2 day State Level workshop on Cyber Fest 17’, conducted by: ‘Department of Computer Engineering, Marathwada Mitra Mandal College of Engineering, Pune’ on 22-23 Feb 2017
Volume 04 Issue 05 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 49-52
Abstract – In today’s world, fingerprint is widely used for verification and identification. Security is demanding in wide range of applications. High security can be obtained with the help of fingerprints. Fingerprint verification is one of the most reliable personal identification methods. Secure Shell Algorithms play a vital role in providing data security and preventing against malicious attacks. Encryption of the data now a day’s is an important topic for research, as secure and efficient algorithms are needed that allows optimized encryption and decryption of data. In this paper we propose an implementation of Secure Shell Algorithm (SHA) with Map-Reduce. Our encryption algorithm SHA is simple and fast to process and identify fingerprints. SHA encryption algorithm will provide maximum security and limit the added time and cost for encryption and decryption. This paper will focus on centralizing as well as identification and matching of forensics fingerprint dataset.
Keywords— Fingerprint, encryption, Map-Reduce
- Le Hoang Thai “Fingerprint Recognition using standard fingerprint model” Faculty of Information Technology University of Science Viet Nam IJCSI International Journal Of Computer Science Issues Vol 7 Issue 3 No 7 May 2010
- Ravi Subban and Dattatreya P. Mankame “ A Study Of Biometric Approach Using Fingerprint Recognition “ Lecture Notes on Software Engineering Vol 1, No 2, May 2013
- Jeffery Dean and Sanjay Ghemawat “Map-Reduce: Simplified Data Processing on Large Clusters “Google INC.
- M.Bishop and C. Irvine “New Pathway in Identity Management”IEEE Nov. /Dec. 2010
- E. Damiani, S. D. C. D. Vimercati, S. Foresti, S. Jajodia, S. Paraboschi, and P. Samarati, “Metadata Management in Outsourced Encrypted Databases”, in The Second VLDB Workshop on Secure Data.
- AK Jain, S Prabhakar, L-Hong “Filter bank based Fingerprint Matching Vol 9, 2000, pp 846-859.
- D. S. A. Elminaam, H. M. A. Kader, and M. M. Science, Menoufia University, Egypt in 2008. He Hadhoud, “Evaluating the Performance of Symmetric Encryption Algorithms,” International Journal of Network Security, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 213-219, 2010.
- Naser Zaeri “Minutiae Based Fingerprint Extraction and Recognition “Arab Open University Kuwait.
- B. Schneier, Applied Cryptography Second Edition: Protocols, Algorithms, and Source, Beijing: China Machine Press, 2000.
- W. Stallings, Cryptography and Network Security Principles and Practice, 4th Ed. Prentice-Hill Inc., 2005.