Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : LOAD BALANCING AND RESOURCE MONITORING MECHANISM USING DYNAMIC TIME WRAPPING (DTW) ALGORITHM
Paper Presented in : ‘2 day State Level workshop on Cyber Fest 17’, conducted by: ‘Department of Computer Engineering, Marathwada Mitra Mandal College of Engineering, Pune’ on 22-23 Feb 2017
Volume 04 Issue 05 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 53-56
Abstract – Now days many applications and systems are providing online services which are used by many number of users concurrently. Servers which can process multiple services at the same time have to serve many requests for resources and database applications simultaneously. Number of online users is increasing day by day enormously. Now there is a need of high performance servers and resources which can process users request in fraction of seconds and reply to the requests of users as fast as possible. Many companies now are upgrading their hardware configuration as per the requirement of today’s web session growth. To provide same services from same system to many numbers of users that system is replicated on different nodes and these nodes are providing services and processing the requests of different users simultaneously. But if load balancing is not done efficiently for those nodes then the cost of the hardware infrastructure get wasted and we cannot get results as per our expectations. That’s why there is proper and efficient auto load balancing technique is required to process and handle requests of million users at the same time without getting affected the quality of the services. DTW algorithm is very efficient for auto load balancing on different nodes. It is a optimize solution for calculating workload on several number of nodes and to distribute total workload among those servers.
Keywords— DTW (Dynamic time wrapping)
- Hui Zhang, Guofei Jiang, Kenji Yoshihira, and Haifeng Chen,”Proactive Workload Management in Hybrid Cloud Computing”, IEEE transaction on network and service management, March-2014.
- Daniel Warneke and Odej Kao, “Exploiting Dynamic Resource Allocation for Efficient Parallel Data Processing in the Cloud”, IEEE transaction on parallel and distributed system, January- 2011.
- Nitin More, Hiray and Smita Patel, “Load Balancing and Resource Monitoring in Cloud”, International Journal of advances in computing and information research, March-2012.
- Priyadarashini Adyasha Pattanaik, Sharmistha Roy and Prashant Kumar Pattnaik, “Performance Study of Some Dynamic Load Balancing Algorithms in Cloud Computing Environment”, second international conference on signal processing and integrated network, April-2015.
- Wenzheng Li, Hongyan Shi, “Dynamic Load Balancing Algorithm Based on FCFS”, Fourth International Conference on Innovative Computing Information and Control (ICICIC)- August-2009.
- Tin-Yu Wu , Wei-Tsong Lee , Yu-San Lin , Yih-Sin Lin , Hung- Lin Chan , Jhih-Siang Huang ,”, Dynamic Load Balancing Mechanism based on Cloud Storage”, IEEE transaction paper, May-2012.
- Sun Nian, Liang Guangmin, “Dynamic Load Balancing Algorithm for MPI Parallel Computing”, International Conference on New Trends in Information and Service Science, June-2009.
- Ananth Rao, Karthik Lakshminarayanan, Sonesh Surana, Richard Karp ,Ion Stoica, “Load Balancing in Structured P2P Systems” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, June-2003.
- Ruixia Tong, Xiongfeng Zhu, “A Load Balancing Strategy Based on the Combination of static and Dynamic”, Second International Workshop on Database Technology and Applications (DBTA)