Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : SURVEY OF SECURITY ISSUES AND CHALLENGES IN FOG COMPUTING
Paper Presented in : ‘2 day State Level workshop on Cyber Fest 17’, conducted by: ‘Department of Computer Engineering, Marathwada Mitra Mandal College of Engineering, Pune’ on 22-23 Feb 2017
Volume 04 Issue 05 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 66-68
Abstract – The already prevailing problems in cloud computing such as abeyance, curtailed mobility, absenteeism of location awareness have given birth to a decentralized computing framework known as fog computing/fogging. It is the prolongation of cloud at the periphery of the network. To curtail the amount of data transferred to cloud for processing, analysis and storage is the objective of fog. The aggravation of ubiquitous user demand and gargantuan mobile traffics is dexterously addressed by fog computing. This survey discusses the fog computing architecture security and privacy issues in fog, algorithms and challenges for fog computing.
Keywords— Fog computing, Sensors, Cloud, Big data, CISCO, VPN
- White paper by CISCO on ,”Fog Computing and the Internet of Things: Extend the cloud to where the things are,” pp-1-6,2015.
- White paper by CISCO on ,”Cisco Fog Computing solutions: Unleash the power of the Internet of Things,” pp-1-6,2015.
- A joint white paper by Symantec and Vmware on “ Securing the cloud for the Enterprise”
- Evan Stojmenovic, Sheng Wen, “The Fog Computing paradigm: scenarios and security issues”, proceedings of the IEEE Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, 2014,pp. 1-8.
- M.T. Dlamini, H. S. Venter, J.H.P. Eloff, “Security of Cloud Computing seeing through the Fog”
- Salvatore J. Stalfo, Malek Ben Salem, Angelos D. Keromytis, “ Fog Computing: mitigating insider data theft attacks in the cloud”, pp. 125- 128, IEEE Security and Privacy Workshops, position paper, 2012
- KshamataShenoy, Prachibhokare, Unnatipai,”Fog Computing: Future of Cloud Computing”, International Journal of Science and Research(IJSR), Volume 4 Issue 6, June 2015, ISSN: 2319-7064, pp.55-56
- Chirag Modi, Dhiren Patel, BhaveshBorisaniya, Avi Patel, MuttukrishnanRajarajan, “ A survey on security issues and solutions of different layers of cloud computing”, Springer Science+ Business MediaNew York, 2012, Pp. 561-592
- Weisong Shi, Jie Cow, Quan Zhang, Youhuizi Li, LanyuXu,”Edge Computing: Vision and Challenges”, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, Vol.3, No. 5, October, 2016, Pp. 637-646