Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : CYBER ATTACKS AND INFORMATION WARFARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Paper Presented in : ‘2 day State Level workshop on Cyber Fest 17’, conducted by: ‘Department of Computer Engineering, Marathwada Mitra Mandal College of Engineering, Pune’ on 22-23 Feb 2017
Volume 04 Issue 05 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 79-82
Abstract – The acceptance of social networking sites is increasing day by day. Social networks provide many kinds of services and benefits to its users like helping them to connect with new people, share opinions with like minded people, and stay in touch with old friends, relatives and colleagues. But due its popularity it is becoming soft target for the Intruders, Terrorists. In this paper we will discuss various types of cyber-attacks and challenges before social Network. we will also Discuss what kind of counter measures we can take to tackle cyber attacks
Key words— Cyber Attack; Cyber Space; Social Network
- Vulnerabilities in Social Networking Sites by Pratibha Jagnere published under 2nd IEEE International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Grid Computing, 2012
- “DoS and DDoS Attack’s Possibility Verification on Streaming Media Application” CHEN LeiSoftware School FUDAN University Shanghai, China YE Dejian* Software School FUDAN University Shanghai, China 2008
- Ariely G. (2008) Knowledge management, terrorism, and cyber-terrorism. In Janczewski L Colarik A, eds.Cyber warfare and cyber-terrorism. IGI Global, Hershey, PA: pp. 7–16.
- McDermott R. (2010) Decision making under uncertainty. Proceedings of a Workshop Deterring Cyberattacks: Informing
Strategies and Developing Options for U.S. Policy
- “Social Engineering a General Approach” (PDF). Informatica Economica journal. Retrieved 11 Jan 2015.
- S. J. Yang, S. R. Byers, J. Holsopple, B. Argauer, and D. Fava, “Intrusion Activity Projection for Cyber Situational Awareness,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Conferences on Intelligence and Security Informatics, Taipei, Taiwan, June 17-20, 2008.