Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : SHEAR DEFORMATION OF SEISMIC FORCE RESISTING SYSTEM CONSIDERING DIFFERENT ASPECT RATIO
Volume 04 Issue 05 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 83-86
Abstract – Effectiveness and role of seismic force resisting system during earthquake is vital to be studied as most of the buildings constructed earlier and at present are having these system in them so that buildings can perform as earthquake resistant RC buildings. Shear walls commonly fail in shear and Flexure. So Shear deformation should be included in the analysis of shear wall systems. Wall aspect ratio and configuration are the factors affecting behaviour of structural walls especially their deformation capacity.As a part of research, Assessment of Shear Deformation of Shear wall building considering different Aspect ratio need to be explored more to know its shear deformation behavior. In this work, G+9 & G+19 building with same geometry and configuration having shear wall under different Aspect ratio are assessed for their shear deformation during earthquake. Response Spectrum analysis of 10 storey, and 20 storey building is done. All models are compared for Parameters Like, roof displacement and Base shear
Key words— Structural Elements, Shear Wall System, Aspect Ratio, Shear Deformation
- Arturo Tena-Colunga, M.ASCE, and Miguel Ángel Pérez-Osornio, “Assessment of Shear Deformations on the Seismic Response of Asymmetric Shear Wall Buildings” JOURNAL OF STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING © ASCE / NOVEMBER 2005
- Nayera Mohamed; Ahmed Sabry Farghaly2; Brahim Benmokrane3; and Kenneth, “Flexure and Shear Deformation of GFRP-Reinforced Shear Walls”, Journal of Composites for Construction, 2013 American Society of Civil Engineers.
- Thomas Salonikios, “ANALYTICAL APPROACH TO THE MEASURED DEFORMATION CHARACTERISTICS OF R/C SHEAR WALLS”, Researcher, Institute of Engineering Seismology & Earthquake Engineering,2004
- Manoj S.Madhekar & S.K Jain, “Seismic behaviour, design & detailing of RC shear walls, Part I: Behaviour and Strength”, The Indian Concrete Journal, WCEE,1995
- Paulay, T., “Displacement capacity of dual reinforced concrete building systems,” World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Paper No. 130, 2003.
- Manish Shrikhand, Pankaj Agrawal.”Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures.” PHI Learning Private Limited New Delhi,2010
- IITK-GSDMA Project on Building Codes.
- IS 456:2002 , Indian Standard code of Practice for Plain and Reinforced Concrete.
- IS: 1893 (Part 1) 2002-Indian standard-“Criteria for earthquake resistant design of structures”, Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.