Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : ROBOTIC NOSE FOR MINING SAFETY
Volume 04 Issue 05 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 130-131
Abstract – Coal mining has various fatal factors which menace the people. After a coal mine disaster the situation inside the tunnel is very dangerous as well as situation inside the tunnel is not known to the rescuers. Entering into a mine without knowing the exact situation is dangerous as the chances of second explosion is high as well as the disaster results in increased level of harmful gases like CO,CO2,decreased oxygen level and high temperature. Many rescuers are killed by this increased level of harmful gases and second explosion. Detecting this situation inside the tunnel is main objective of this paper. The robot can go into the explosive environment with autonomous obstacle avoidance system. The sensors Senses the harmful gases such as CO, CO2, Methane, temperature and transmits the data through wireless module. A coal mine robot can move into the mine and detect the level of different toxic gases and vibration and send the result to the control room. In this paper a robot based wireless monitoring and safety system for underground mines using RF module is proposed, which will take the data of environmental parameters of underground mine using different sensors and send the data to control room using RF module. This whole system will be placed on a robot which is operated by remote. Use of wireless robot will reduce the human intervention in security system and will improve the safety.
Keywords – RF module, Robot, Coal mine, Sensors
- S. TejaRam; Smt.M.Nalinisri;”Mobile robot in coal mine disaster”. Journal of Computer Trends and Technology (IJCTT)- volume 4 issue5,May 2013. Available at http://www.ijcttjournel.org
- P.Raghuram, Veramuthu Venkatesh; “Enhancing mine safety with wireless sensor networks using RF technology”, Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology (JATIT), 31st March 2012, Vo1.37 No.2
- T.S.Kumar Reddy; G.Balasiva Krishna; “Hazardous gas detecting rescue robot in coal mines”, International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering, ISSN:2320-2092, volume 2, Issue-5, May-2014.
- PratimaBhagat,kishoriBirdawadc, KomalAmle; “Rescue robot for hazardous coal mines”, International Journal of Technology and Science, Issue-2, Vol.1, May 2014
- China Yinka-Banjo; Antoine Bagula; “Autonomous multi-Robot behaviors for safety inspection under the constraints of underground mine terrains”, ubiquitous computing and communication Journal, (UBICC) ISSN 1992-8424, volume-7
- A.Sivasoundari,S.Kalaimani, M.Balamurugan “wireless survilence robot with motion detection and live video”.
- Mr. SabarishChakkath, S.HariharaSiddharth, B.Hemalatha; “Mobile Robot in Coal Mine Disaster Surveillance”, IOSR Journal of Engineering, (IOSRJEN), e-ISSN:2250-3021, Volume-2, Issue 10, October 2012.
- Ibrehim Al-Adwan, Munaf S.N. AL-D, “The use of zigbee wireless network for monitoring and controlling greenhouse climate”,International Journal of Engineering and Advanced technology (IJEAT), ISSN:2249-8958, Volume-2,Issue-1,October 2012
- Pradeep Kumar Gubbala, M.suman; “Hybrid wireless communication system based on arm9 for coalmine monitoring”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 4, Issue 5, May-2013 1880,ISSN 2229-5518.