Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : ARDUINO BASED FIRE ACCIDENT DETECTION IN TRAIN USING GSM AND GPS TECHNOLOGY
Volume 04 Issue 05 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 139-142
Abstract – Now-a-days, fire accidents are occurring very frequently in public transport system which causes the loss of most valuable human lives and the government property. There are a number of methods to detect and avoid fire accidents and to reduce the severity of loss in case of fire accidents in public transport system. But the damage is terrible as a saving service could not reach at right time due to improper communication. So we can further reduce the loss caused by fire accidents in trains if we are able to inform the respective authorities immediately after the accidents. The system which is proposed in this paper uses the present technology to detect the fire accidents and also to inform the respective authorities with minimum delay. Three types of sensors flame, smoke and heat sensors are used to detect the fire accidents. The signals from these sensors will activate the Arduino which in-turn activates the message transfer system, alarm system, water sprinkler system and the motor to automatically open the emergency door of the bogie in which the accident took place. The proposed system is designed by using GSM and GPS technology and ATmega328 Arduino UNO along with sensors.
Keywords – GSM, GPS, Arduino, Motor drivers, Sensors, Water sprinklers
- P. D. Minns, C Programming For the PC the MAC and the Arduino Microcontroller System. Author House, 2013.
- J.A.Stankovic, T.F. Abdelzaher, C. Lu, L. Sha, and J.C.Hou. Realtime communication and coordination in embedded sensor networks.
- M.Rajendra Prasad, P.Aswani Kumari, “An Automated Traffic Accident Detection and Alarm Device”, published in IJTEL.  GSM. [Online]. Available: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GSM
- http://www. irphouse.com /ijict.htm
- PIONEER RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT GROUP(www.prdg.org)
- International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering Vol. 3, Issue 5, May 2014.
- Muhammad Shlihin Ahmad Azmil, Norusuzila ya’acob, Khairul Nizar, Suzi Serio Samin, “Wireless Fire Detection Monitoring System for Fire And Rescue Application”, in 2015 IEEE 11th International Colloquium on Signal Processing and its Applications (CSPA 2015).
- Ko Yin, Junchang Jiang, “Application of Fire Monitoring and Personal Evaction in Subway Station Based on Wireless Sensor Network” in IEEE 2014.
- Jörg Eberspächer1, Hans-Jörg Vögel2,Christian Bettstetter3 andChristian Hartmann1
- M. Banzi, Getting Started with arduino. ” O’Reilly Media, Inc.”, 2009